• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best/worst things about Autumn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best/worst things about Autumn

Best: Warm soups. Cosy homes and country pubs. Leaves changing colour and falling. Cheaper weekends away.

Worst: dark evenings. Weather getting worse. Kids with fireworks or demanding money with menaces.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Can't think of a downside to Autumn. I love this time of year.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Warm Soup - Just had one. Luuuuuuuvvvvvvvvvvvly.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

It's all downhill in autumn and the clocks change making the [daylight] days appear even shorter. At least from the very beginning of winter, the days are getting longer and the sun higher. You can even get some quite nice sunny days in January, and of course shortly after that is rebirth: spring and you have summer to look forward too. Autumn is death.

Comment

no fireworks here...
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Bloody leaves everywhere, and I hate it once the clocks change and you realise it's dark by the time you leave work.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Best: The kids are back at school, It's cold so you need to under the duvet, roast parsnips.

Worst: Summer has gone, everything is cold, dark, miserable and wet. Oh, and Christmas rears its ugly head.

Comment

Soups, stews, game season, shellfish in the better season, apple crumble, pear tatin.

lighting the first fire of the year, hot chocolate, bonfire night.....

Lovely colours.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  Soups, stews, game season, shellfish in the better season, apple crumble, pear tatin.

lighting the first fire of the year, hot chocolate, bonfire night.....

Lovely colours.
                  I have to say, that's a wonderfully optimistic view. Well done you.

Seriously.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Leaves, leaves and more bloody leaves...dark when you get up, dark when you get home

need some winter sunshine....hmmm Egypt, Florida or Canaries this year?
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X