• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One of those people with pseudonyms from the sub-continent called

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of those people with pseudonyms from the sub-continent called

Had a telephone call today from someone foreign sounding, who introduced himself as Frank Ottawa.
    I thought it was someone from the forum who had found out my identity or a mate on linkedin larking about with sub continent call centre pseudonyms. <Western first name>, <70s pop band surname> so I played along with the prank. The guy got quite upset.

Needless to say the caller got the last laugh when my Dad said it might be relatives from canada as someone was quite ill. I looked through the old family address book looked up the postcode and found an extended family member has died. the callers son.

Oops.

Didn't even know I had relatives in Ottawa.

Originally posted by Aman View Post
    <70s pop band surname>
    May I point out that the name of the POP group to which you refer is, in fact, Ottowan and not Ottowa as you attest.

I seem to recall they had a song in the Hit Parade by the name of D.I.S.C.O

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
      May I point out that the name of the POP group to which you refer is, in fact, Ottowan and not Ottowa as you attest.

I seem to recall they had a song in the Hit Parade by the name of D.I.S.C.O
      Bonus points (no googling) if you can recall what the letters spelt
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        Bonus points (no googling) if you can recall what the letters spelt
        Bonus points (no googling) if you can recall what their follow up hit was called

Comment

Working...
        X