• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Islam, the new Nazism ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Islam, the new Nazism ?

With recent (the cartoon incidents) and not so recent (London Bombings, 9/11), it seems that Islam is on a collision course with the Western governments and many parallels with the Nazi Party are beginning to emerge.

Prior to the Nazi Party, the intentions to reinvigorate the failing German economy were not especially sinister, and perhaps an admirable ideal in and of itself.

Likewise, Islam, as a religious ideal seeks to unite it’s believers under a common cause for the benefit of the whole. The same can be applied to Christianity, Judaism or whatever.

But we live in dangerous times, and it is self-evident that certain individuals within Islam, wish to manipulate their religion to better serve their ideological goals. This too is not unique to Islam, but can be attributed to any ideological system where power is exerted over others. Some people just want a little bit more power than others.

I truly believe that most people, regardless of race or credo, are essentially moderate in their beliefs. They don’t want to “rock the boat” and be singled out for special criticism. They want to live their own lives, within the guidelines of their own moral beliefs. They accept that others of different nations can have widely different beliefs to theirs, and so long as these do not affect them in any dramatic kind of way, they are happy to tolerate differences.

The problems start to occur, when certain individuals (political or clerical) of the respective belief systems, start to issue edicts and opinions that substantially affect the perceptions of their populace. Instead of tolerance, they foster contempt, instead of compassion, they foster hate, instead of understanding, they foster alienation and lies.

These motivations gird their people, spread fear and dissent, and undermine the intention of the original belief system. This is what we are seeing today with Islam, and we have seen in the past with Christianity (The Crusades) or the Nazi Party.

With this prologue in mind, I present the following timeline.

2006 :

Iran : Following complete failure to bring the Iranian regime under control with their self-development of Nuclear power sites, a joint US/Israel air strike is launched to counter the Iranian’s refusal to comply with the UN.

Syria & Palestine object to the airstrikes, and Islamic unrest increases around the world. CNN run a report on how the airstrike was mostly ineffectual, having missed a number of key sites in Iran. Increased terrorist activity in EU states as a reaction to the airstrikes. Iran maintain a hardline stance of defiance against the UN, with a threat of retaliatory action if future strikes occur.

Israel : A number of new bombings (attributed to Hamas) target Israel, one of which eliminates a number of American personnel and a US diplomat in the region. US outrage causes GWB to send a peace-keeping force to Israel to bolster Israeli troop numbers.

Elsewhere, demonstrations outside UN and US embassies around the world, accuse the US and Israel of engaging in a Zionist plot to destroy Iran and Palestine.

Al-Jazeera receive a new tape from Al-Quaeda, which offers complete destruction of the Western Democracies unless the US and all Foreign interests pull out of Islamic lands. They cite “Iran” as the new Islamic Holy Power, and urge all Islamicists, moderate and hard-line alike, to protect the fledgling super-state, and defend the last bastion with all their might.

A report from US agencies reveals that Iran has weaponised plutonium and is capable of striking Israel.

Several months of stand-off ensure, although a number of severely large earthquakes strike Iran. Aid is offered, but refused outright by the Iranian government.

Following a terrorist incident in Paris, the French decide to crack down hard on Islamic perpetrators, and a number are extradited to the US for judicial processing. Massive waves of protests affect French embassies around the world.

Colonel Gadaffi in Libya dies, and is replaced with a hard line Islamic president. The US has the jitters.

Coalition forces gradually pull out of Iraq, leaving the country with a rickety democratic system that collapses within 3 months, due to political instability and insurgent activity.

Iraq and Iran enter discussions (much to the world’s amazement as they have been traditional enemies) to cooperate more closely under the threat from the west.

The world is now at a point where a small and trivial incident (cartoon anyone ?) will set of a terrifying chain of events. I cannot guess what it might be and who starts its, but suffice to say, Israel gets nuked, Iran and Iraq get nuked, and everyone else sits back and watches the fireworks.

Following the Limited World 3, scholars and pundits start to question the validity of any belief system that can be manipulated to encourage war on others. Non-EU countries protest that not all belief systems are violent in their beliefs, citing mainstream religions as essentially peaceful constructs. Only when motivated by the insane do they become a threat to the rest of humanity.

The EU decides, in an unprecedented majority vote amongst all member states, to begin a process of “religious dismantlisation”. The edict states that “Whilst individuals have certain rights, religious people of a shared persuasion have diminished rights, as the rights of an individual are incomparable to the rights of the nation”. A new, non-secular faith is created, that is applicable to the basic beliefs of human beings, to help the old, protect and nourish the weak, protect life, and so on.

Discuss, Abuse Chico, Abuse me, or whatever….
    Last edited by Board Game Geek; 8 February 2006, 19:55.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Big difference between Islam and Islamofascism.......

Comment

which makes the USA's agenda to impose capitalist democracy on the rest of the world al the more sensible. It is no coincidence that the wealthier a nation the less influence religion exerts.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Big difference between Islam and Islamofascism.......
        Indeed there is. But that is an obvious comment, so your point is what entirely ?

By the way, I posted at 19.52 and you replied immediately at 19.52...which means that you read the whole of my post in 60 seconds, and then came up with your stunning and insightful reply all within the course of a minute.

Frankly, I am disappointed. Have you learned nothing on this board from the God-like genuises of Xoggoth, Milan or Atw ?

They would at least give me more than 60 seconds for writing a considered and intelligent reply.

Sorry lad.."Nil Points".

Of course, I now realise that I have successfully derailed the subject entirely, and instead will get comments like...

writing a considered and intelligent reply.
        Atw ?

or

God-like genuises of Xoggoth, Milan or Atw ?
        Milan ?

But that is par for the course I suspect !
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

No Sir I simply picked up on your title which was incorrect. Islam itself is not the problem, it's the Islamofascists who give the following a bad name, I could educate you further but why waste my own time?

Instead go to

www.homestead.com

Buy Mr Savages Book "Liberalism Is a Mental Disorder" and pay particular attention to the chapter called "Unmasking Islamofacism.

OR listen to his show tonight at 11pm at;

http://www.910knew.com/pages/listenlive.html

the guy thats on now is ok, but do tune in to Michael Savage at 11pm too.

I fank you.

Comment

Originally posted by RRH
            No Sir I simply picked up on your title which was incorrect. Islam itself is not the problem, it's the Islamofascists who give the following a bad name, I could educate you further but why waste my own time?

Instead go to

www.homestead.com

Buy Mr Savages Book "Liberalism Is a Mental Disorder" and pay particular attention to the chapter called "Unmasking Islamofacism.

I fank you.
            Or alternatively go out and enjoy yourself
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
              which makes the USA's agenda to impose capitalist democracy on the rest of the world al the more sensible. It is no coincidence that the wealthier a nation the less influence religion exerts.
              Which explains why America is stuffed to the gills with born again Christians, and right wing Christians and Jews, among others, exert significant influence on US foreign policy?

Comment

Getcher life here, new lifes, life for sale

Originally posted by RRH

Instead go to

www.homestead.com

I fank you.

You sir, now you look like a fella who could do with a life, I can let you have one for a very reasonable price. Was owned by a little old russian and it's hardly been used, look, the libido is still in the box. Whaddya say sir, £25, and that's cutting my own throat, that is......
                Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
                  You sir, now you look like a fella who could do with a life, I can let you have one for a very reasonable price. Was owned by a little old russian and it's hardly been used, look, the libido is still in the box. Whaddya say sir, £25, and that's cutting my own throat, that is......

Yawn, another internet smart arse, I have done more in my 24 years than you have in your entire grief packed excuse of an existence.

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
                    Which explains why America is stuffed to the gills with born again Christians, and right wing Christians and Jews, among others, exert significant influence on US foreign policy?
                    Too much power and introspection Fungus, but I take your point.

Comment

Working...
                    X