• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Starting New Company Each Year For VAT Flat Rate Scheme Incentive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting New Company Each Year For VAT Flat Rate Scheme Incentive

Does anyone know the benefits / disadvantages of doing this?

Can you start a new company each year and claim the 1% VAT incentive?

Does it look better if you have a company which is only trading for a short period f time (one year?) I would have thought it is much less likely that you will have an IR35 investigation if you have a relatively new compnay versus a company with 5 years and 500K in retained profit -

What does the team on here think?

You are such a moron. Please delete your log in and go troll somewhere else.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      You are such a moron. Please delete your log in and go troll somewhere else.
      This is a pretty straightforward and interesting question - If you have nothing to add can you go and play in General?

Reported to admin as well

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
        This is a pretty straightforward and interesting question - If you have nothing to add can you go and play in General?

I think, like Roulette. The chance of an IR35 investigation has no bearing on the spin of the last ball. I believe it's 1 in 7 years(some say 5), but could be more, could be less.

Seems like a lot of hassle.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I'd have some sympathy if you asked the odd weird question amongst mostly sensible ones.

But you don't.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Does it look better if you have a company which is only trading for a short period f time (one year?) I would have thought it is much less likely that you will have an IR35 investigation if you have a relatively new compnay versus a company with 5 years and 500K in retained profit -

Do you think the Taxman hasn't caught onto this? Do you really think the Taxman is really that stupid? If the answer is yes to both parts of the question, then go ahead and do it. Please do let us know how it pans out.

Your deluded questions are not even interesting or intelligent. It's not even a question I would even ask, and I thought I was the thickest person on this forum.
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Can a LTD company or it's former director be investigated for IR35 compliance after the company has been struck off?
              Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
                Can a LTD company or it's former director be investigated for IR35 compliance after the company has been struck off?
                As a hunch? I would say that the director could still be liable for investigation, regardless of how many companies they owned (whether they have been struck off or not).
                If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Yes - but not worthwhile with the cost of closing down the company and cost of opening up a new company each year. The company bankers may get suspicious if you’re doing this once a year and report you via their Money Laundering Procedures, then you would be on the radar of HMR&C...

Comment

Working...
                  X