• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

News of the World goes - Pay per View!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News of the World goes - Pay per View!

What's wrong with these Newspapers?

Now the NOW is charging for their website!!! How am I supposed to find out if Kate Waisel slept with Matt Cardle!

I demand to know. This is an outage!!!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Someone has already commented on a site elsewhere. Brilliant.

Secondly, lets talk disappointing. The story of Matt and Katie’s romp-a-lot is being reported by the News of the World. It isn’t exactly ground breaking scandal you wanna read before your Mom cooks you bacon and eggs this morning.

Actually it’s just a series of quotes from unnamed sources who possibly only exist in the mind of NoTW show Biz editor Dan Wooton. However, it’s the lead story on the front page enticing the reader to turn to page 5 where it’s shrinks into a single column and gets squeezed in on the far right.

Here’s the rub a dub dub – The News of the World now expect you to pay for the privilege of reading this crap if you visit their all new scam the lot web site.

Publisher Rupert Murdock believes you should have to pay to view this tulip online. He wants you to part with a weekly subscription, your name address, date of birth, your bank details and sign an agreement that weather you read his site or not you do agree to let him to debit your account on an auto renewal renewal basis.

Forget about it – there is a choice, you can get up at 6 am, pop down the petrol station and read it whilst having coffee then put it back on the shelve marked tulip without having paid a penny. Or you can stay in bed, switch on your lap top and read it here for free.

Comment

I can see professionals with money to burn paying for The Times website, I can't see chavs doing the same for the NOW one.

I'm hoping both go down the pan.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        I can see professionals with money to burn paying for The Times website, I can't see chavs doing the same for the NOW one.

I'm hoping both go down the pan.
        The chavs will be paying for NOTW when it comes bundled with their broadband.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

I shall now have to google to find out who Kate Waisel & Matt Cardle are..
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Is Kate Waisel the blond singer on X-factor who is mad enough to top herself if she doesn't win?

I saw a bit of that last night. I prefer that scouse girl who did the Nina Simone song.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              I shall now have to google to find out who Kate Waisel & Matt Cardle are..
              You need to get down with the kids Troll!

Now, if I can just find the instructions on how to get this famed 'meow meow' out of next doors cat I'm laughing.

Comment

I'm not paying for the website but the photos of Kelly Brook in yesterday's edition were outstanding.

Comment

Working...
                X