• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Happy Monday!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Monday!!!

GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY!

And are we all planning to have a lovely week this week?

Got anything special planned? Any new software releases going out? Fixing the world? Making our society a better place, one patch at a time? Pissing in the permies' coffee pot? Starting a new contract? Secretly having an affair with the office hotty and desperate to reveal all to us? Got a brand new tape-autochanger to play with? Having some time off with the sprogs? Or just deliriously happy to be at ClientCo and raking in the lolly while chomping subsidised breakfast comestibles?

Edit: or even cheering yourself up by giving negative reputation to Happy Monday threads? That's no way to make the world A Better Place, is it? Now go and make the team a nice hot brew, have a bacon sarnie, and look forward to another week of progress, productivity, positive thinking and popping to the plop-pods for a spot of palm-polishing with your pink pogo and charging it to ClientCo.
    Or shall I start telling you about my dressing gown?
    Last edited by RichardCranium; 18 October 2010, 07:44. Reason: Monday has a capital m. Absolutely capital.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

I'm not looking forward to turning down an extension and telling my current client that I'm leaving in two weeks.

Oh well.

Still, new contract starts 1st November

Comment

Good morning RC. Why are you up so early?

I have a secret mission for today. I would tell you, but then I'd have to shoot you.

I am very achy though - went wall climbing with colleague from clientCo yesterday. I fear I am too old for such nonsense. Fortunately my secret mission does not involve star jumps.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
        I'm not looking forward to turning down an extension and telling my current client that I'm leaving in two weeks.
        Boo!

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
        Still, new contract starts 1st November
        Hurrah!

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
        Good morning RC. Why are you up so early?
        Her Ladyship (self employed) works best in the mornings so gets up at 6 and starts work. And part of the Life Deal is that I make the tea on weekdays, so I have to get up at 6 too. Which also gives me a head start on the agents.

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
        I have a secret mission for today. I would tell you, but then I'd have to shoot you.
        That's alright. We all already know about that; Danielle picked it up on the short wave. Just remember to stay out of reach, otherwise she'll use YOU for lunch. And this time put the talc on BEFORE the rubber pants.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

What does this week hold for me ?
          Well a successful grading later this week
          researching a trip to Vegas
          getting some quotes for fitted wardrobes

Comment

lurcher type whine.

Comment

New software launch.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Hopefully securing a gig to move onto after this one.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working on a plan B project while waiting for client to get a new project together.

RC are you canned already, or are you still working notice?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Turned down extension, contract finishes in 4 weeks

Taking a year off

Well thats the plan, and this is not the first time this has been the plan
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                    X