• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trauma - Legal Advice Required

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trauma - Legal Advice Required

Went for a walk in the countryside at the weekend and had a very distressing experience.

I was walking on a thoroughfare clearly marked as a public right of way which traversed a number of fields and some wooded terrain.
    Whilst crossing one of said fields, I decided to browse the hedgerows to determine if I could glean the last of the year's blackberry crop.

Whilst engaged in this activity, I became aware of a rapidly approaching heavy footfall and heavy breathing . Turning to face the source of these sounds, I found myself confronted with a huge Charolais bull just 20 feet or so from the position in which I stood. Panicking, I just threw myself into the hedge and tore my way through it in a desperate attempt to escape the attentions of this bovine behemoth. Fortunately, you'll be glad to hear, I did make it through to the other side but at a cost. I received some severe lacerations to my face and forearms from brambles and rusty barbed wire and I also hurt my right crural appendage on exiting the hedgerow owing to landing awkwardly.

Now, the whole point of this post is that I am considering taking legal action against the farmer and I want to canvass the opinion of the good people of CUK. I would attest that a farmer should not allow a dangerous animal in a field which is traversed by a public thoroughfare as the health and safety of the walking general public is greatly compromised. My friend Malc disagrees saying that a farmer is not resopnsible for the safety of those who cross his land. If he were he could end up in court just by dint, for example, of there being a stray boulder lying in his filed on which somebody has twisted their ankle.

Any comments would be most welcome.

Admin, please retire this sad chunt.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
      Any comments would be most welcome.
      Unlike you

Comment

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          Admin, please retire this sad chunt.
          Oh come on, it's pretty good isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Oh come on, it's pretty good isn't it?
            No it's shockingly boring
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Your friend Malc is wrong. Report the presence of a mature, solitary, non-dairy bull in a field with a Right of Way to the Police.

Do report back to us.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
                I am considering taking legal action against the farmer
                Now that's smells of bull

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                  Your friend Malc is wrong. Report the presence of a mature, solitary, non-dairy bull in a field with a Right of Way to the Police.
                  Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    No it's shockingly boring
                    I don't think you'd have found it boring if YOU'D BEEN IN MY SHOES AT THE TIME.

Comment

Working...
                    X