• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas Countdown thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Countdown thread

10 weeks today and we'll be on the Boxing Day Bank Holiday and it will almost be over.

I'm going to get organised this year. Any ideas on what this year's 'must have' toys are going to be? Time to order in a load to be eBayed the week before xmas at a healthy mark-up. I always say I'm going to do this but never get round to it.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Hate Christmas.

Comment

I shall be with the Missus on a cruise ship with no phone, no family, no washing up, no cooking, no cleaning, no dealing with the rubbish. No bills, no paperwork, no ClientCo, no boss.

Just food, booze, food, entertainment, booze, food, more food, sleep, food and sightseeing. And food. And more booze. And some more food. With food on. Washed down with booze. And food. Then more sleep.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I will be on a beach with mid 30s climate.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

You've just reminded me I need to order my turkey.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            I shall be with the Missus on a cruise ship with no phone, no family, no washing up, no cooking, no cleaning, no dealing with the rubbish. No bills, no paperwork, no ClientCo, no boss.

Just food, booze, food, entertainment, booze, food, more food, sleep, food and sightseeing. And food. And more booze. And some more food. With food on. Washed down with booze. And food. Then more sleep.
            And the traditional cruise ship norovirus lol!

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
              And the traditional cruise ship norovirus lol!
              So what? Two days of puking and squitting free food, then back to making up the weight loss with more free food.

Or, spend Xmas with the in-laws and get food poisoning AND ear-ache.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                So what? Two days of puking and squitting free food, then back to making up the weight loss with more free food.

Or, spend Xmas with the in-laws and get food poisoning AND ear-ache.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Calculated the number of sleeps to the end of term last week.

It was a lot.

Ho hum.
                  If you stay awake during the working day, it will only be half as many sleeps.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                    10 weeks today and we'll be on the Boxing Day Bank Holiday and it will almost be over.

I'm going to get organised this year. Any ideas on what this year's 'must have' toys are going to be? Time to order in a load to be eBayed the week before xmas at a healthy mark-up. I always say I'm going to do this but never get round to it.
                    Top 10 toys for Christmas 2010.

Stinky the Garbage Truck looks like he's on drugs.

Comment

Working...
                    X