• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My boat journey this morning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My boat journey this morning

The Jubilee from Waterloo to Canary was flipped so I had to get the clipper from the Eye to the Wharf.

Was very pleasant! - I felt like they must have on days of old when the Thames was the main form of transport.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    The Jubilee from Waterloo to Canary was flipped so I had to get the clipper from the Eye to the Wharf.

Was very pleasant! - I felt like they must have on days of old when the Thames was the main form of transport.
    Can you get refeshments on board?

Comment

Not sure what it is like now, but they used to have free newspapers and mags.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Aye, can be a nice trip.

However, in days of old when the Thames was the main form of transport it was also the main sewer and stank like hell.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
          Yes, they have a bar.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
            yes there's a starbucks/Nero type place on board

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
            Not sure what it is like now, but they used to have free newspapers and mags.
            Didn't see any on the boat but there are Metro/City AM stacked up in boxes and people stuffing them in your face all around the general area

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            Aye, can be a nice trip.

However, in days of old when the Thames was the main form of transport it was also the main sewer and stank like hell.
            When passing under Tower bridge I couldn't stop thinking about Guy Fawkes' final journey to the tower to be stretched on a rack for a few days before being hung drawn and quartered in front of the houses of parliament...
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

When passing under Tower bridge I couldn't stop thinking about Guy Fawkes' final journey to the tower to be stretched on a rack for a few days before being hung drawn and quartered in front of the houses of parliament...
              Except Tower Bridge wasn't built until 1894.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Except Tower Bridge wasn't built until 1894.
                Still makes me think of the tower though

Comment

Some of us have to start the week with a boat trip EVERY week
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Fawkes was a lucky bastard, he died of a broken neck from the hanging before they had chance to "draw" his entrails and chop his bollocks off while he was still alive before quartering him.

Crucifixion's a doddle!

Comment

Working...
                    X