• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finally you can kill off dull threads... literally

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally you can kill off dull threads... literally

In your web-address bar paste the following and hit enter:

Code:
    javascript:var s = document.createElement('script');s.type='text/javascript';document.body.appendChild(s);s.src='http://erkie.github.com/asteroids.min.js';void(0);
    You'll get a little spaceship to literally let you destroy the Flash adverts, or GricerBoy's posts, etc.

I tested in Chrome and IE8.

To the best of my knowledge there is nothing dodgy about this. Probably won't look great to play at work though.

edit: Tried to fix line-breaks in quote...
    Last edited by d000hg; 18 October 2010, 16:28.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

No, can't get it to work in either IE8 or Chrome??
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Groovy! It works for me in Firefox and IE8 (ignore the js error) once the space in "ht tp" has been removed.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        No, can't get it to work in either IE8 or Chrome??
        I edited my post slightly, should be able to just copy-paste the code now. I tested it by destroying your comment prior to posting

Comment

Brill. I didn't know you could put jscript in the address bar. All sorts of possibilities there.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Brill. Didn't think that was poss.

I now have a reason to visit Monday Links.

Pow pow pow!!
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I'm waiting for 2 things:
              1. Nick to come and explain it, probably with some reference to IE6
              2. Minestrone to claim he can knock up something better overnight, but isn't going to

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

In your web-address bar paste the following and hit enter:

Code:
                javascript:var s = document.createElement('script');s.type='text/javascript';document.body.appendChild(s);s.src='http://erkie.github.com/asteroids.min.js';void(0);
                You'll get a little spaceship to literally let you destroy the Flash adverts, or GricerBoy's posts, etc.

I tested in Chrome and IE8.

To the best of my knowledge there is nothing dodgy about this. Probably won't look great to play at work though.

edit: Tried to fix line-breaks in quote...
                What happens if it runs amok, and starts zapping threads you _do_ care about?
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Happily/Sadly it's non-permanent. So running it on SKA will have no long-term effect.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Brill. I didn't know you could put jscript in the address bar. All sorts of possibilities there.
                    Check out Bookmarklets. Some of them are quite useful.

Comment

Working...
                    X