• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This business in France

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This business in France

All looks pretty heavy duty to me. Kind of amazed how low down in the news schedules it is. Do you think they're frightened that it will spread over here if they gave it higher priority? Or do you think they're scared that we'll all soon discover that the Emperor has no clothes?

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    All looks pretty heavy duty to me. Kind of amazed how low down in the news schedules it is. Do you think they're frightened that it will spread over here if they gave it higher priority? Or do you think they're scared that we'll all soon discover that the Emperor has no clothes?
    They also reinforce this behaviour as being a 'uniquely' French reaction; thus reinforcing a 'them and us' division. Protest is seen as something only other people do, we are not like them - so we don't riot.

Comment

i
      Originally posted by NoddY View Post
      They also reinforce this behaviour as being a 'uniquely' French reaction; thus reinforcing a 'them and us' division. Protest is seen as something only other people do, we are not like them - so we don't riot.
      No we riot, but the French stike/demonstrate and riot quite easily.

Somthing to do with there revolutionary past some say.

Comment

They also reinforce this behaviour as being a 'uniquely' French reaction; thus reinforcing a 'them and us' division. Protest is seen as something only other people do, we have been mentally 'pulped' - so we don't riot.
        FTFY
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

That sort of thing may be alright for the French; but we're British thank God!

Field Marshall Montgomery
          (Actually he was talking about something else. )
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
            More shocking is the low media priority given to this news about French ministers promoting the collection of DNA records using 'genital prints', and also of warning the public about 'rising levels of fellatio'.

Comment

A very good point. The media have just as much interest in controlling us as anyone else.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
              X