• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nothing to do!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing to do!

Still on client site having finished both projects I was contracted for. Also developed the 2nd one.

Now awaiting testing and one is awaiting handover to the development team.

Client is looking for another project for me as well as feelers all around so may or may not get extended this week. I'm also in the post high visible position in the office so cannot even sit here with Jobserve open or reading a manuals(which is frowned on).

What to do(taps fingers & sips coffee)?

Suggestions please people!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Still on client site having finished both projects I was contracted for. Also developed the 2nd one.

Now awaiting testing and one is awaiting handover to the development team.

Client is looking for another project for me as well as feelers all around so may or may not get extended this week. I'm also in the post high visible position in the office so cannot even sit here with Jobserve open or reading a manuals(which is frowned on).

What to do(taps fingers & sips coffee)?

Suggestions please people!
    Open a technical article on something clever-sounding and play minesweeper.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

ffs, you are useless. get a pen and a clipboard and wander around, stopping ocasionaly, put the pen to your cheek, look thoughtful and say, 'mmm'
      then make a tick on the clipboard and move on.

no one ever questions a man with a clip board

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Do you have a smart phone? You can look for another gig on a smart phone (amongst other things..)
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Play some games that are slightly disguised as work: Work Folder

Comment

If you've got nothing to do on site, pop off and ebay some more Thai tat.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
              If you've got nothing to do on site, pop off and ebay some more Thai tat.
              beads
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                beads
                Which reminds me. Thank you SY for your email earlier regarding the love beads you bought for your wife.

Yes we do, do refunds, but not if they have been used by both partners and the excuse that they are 'too small' is hardly my issue considering the latest set are made of billiard balls.

HTH

MF
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Which reminds me. Thank you SY for your email earlier regarding the love beads you bought for your wife.

Yes we do, do refunds, but not if they have been used by both partners and the excuse that they are 'too small' is hardly my issue considering the latest set are made of billiard balls.

HTH

MF
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                  X