• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Love your enemies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love your enemies

Today's verse of the day courtesy of Bible Gateway.Com

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. ”- Matthew 5:43-45
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

what a frightener.....

Comment

Originally posted by Chico

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. ”- Matthew 5:43-45
      bollox - make your enemies PAY then they never stay to be an enemy no more

Comment

"Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" -

Michael Corleone
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
          "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" -

Michael Corleone
          Erm, Niccolo Machiavelli, shirley?
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
            Erm, Niccolo Machiavelli, shirley?
            Does Michael Corleone exist?

Btw, Your Omnipotent Saviour Threaded, it looks like it was Julius Caesar to say it first, didn't he?
            Last edited by Francko; 9 February 2006, 08:12.
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

And Sun-Tzu before him as well.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
                  Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the dirt.
                  Oh it's the meek...blessed are the meek! That's nice, I'm glad they're getting something, 'cause they have a hell of a time.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong
                    Oh it's the meek...blessed are the meek! That's nice, I'm glad they're getting something, 'cause they have a hell of a time.

"Yeah. Well, what Jesus blatantly fails to appreciate is that it's the meek who are the problem."

Comment

Working...
                    X