• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is our real future enemy going to be the US?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is our real future enemy going to be the US?

There are many reasons for thinking so.
    Like all empires at their zenith, the US is looking dangerous as its power fades relative to the East.
    There might come a point when they want an offshore island close to Europe and decide we are it.
    What use will our 2 carriers be then?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

I'd much rather be the 51st State than part of the EU.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Imagine some Tea Party inbred with his, or more likely, her fingers on the nuke button.

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          I'd much rather be the 51st State than part of the EU.
          Not sure of that. Its hard to think of any area where the US is better than the EU.

Cars? No, they make tulipe ones
          Planes? Ok their fighters are better.
          Industry? Germany alone exports more than the US
          Food? Give me a break
          Healthcare? Nope, unless you're filthy rich and can buy it.
          Freedom? Try being a Marxist in the US.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Not sure of that. Its hard to think of any area where the US is better than the EU.

Cars? No, they make tulipe ones
            Planes? Ok their fighters are better.
            Industry? Germany alone exports more than the US
            Food? Give me a break
            Healthcare? Nope, unless you're filthy rich and can buy it.
            Freedom? Try being a Marxist in the US.
            They've been quite handy in the sciences, but give the tea party a few years in power, teaching creation in school science classes and preventing research into reproductive science and they'll be fooked on that one too.

Comment

Like all empires at their zenith, the US is looking dangerous as its power fades relative to the East.
              There might come a point when they want an offshore island close to Europe and decide we are it.
              What use will our 2 carriers be then?
              they already have, and we are indeed it.
              Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free.

By virtue of our "special relationship" we already do as we're told so what would they gain from taking over.

Maybe they want the current order book from our vast manufacturing & raw material industries.

Sure, it's great being friends with the school bully until someone gives him a kicking and you're left all alone in the playground.

Comment

Guns, lots of 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Guns, lots of 'em.
                    Their squirrels are bigger, tougher and randier too.

Comment

Working...
                    X