• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£113Million Lottery Winner? Oh Dear(TM)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£113Million Lottery Winner? Oh Dear(TM)

Woman claims she won Euromillions jackpot but is left penniless

A Coventry pensioner has called the National Lottery group Camelot to claim that she had bought the Euromillions jackpot ticket that won a whopping £113million, but that her 'forgetful' husband had lost the ticket.

She told The Coventry Telegraph: 'I was so angry with him when he told me he didn't have the ticket. I couldn't believe it when my numbers matched the winning ones. I told my husband to get the ticket out and double check. That's when he told me he had binned it.'

The elderly couple, who have been married for over 50 years, would be raking in a staggering £8,000 a day in interest off the £113m.
    Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter RSS Currently this interest is going towards the lottery's good causes fund.

The woman says she re-checked her notepad after reading about the mystery winner and found the numbers matched those she had jotted in her notebook.

She said: 'I've turned the house upside down. I've looked in his pockets and in my bag and everywhere.

'I've said to my husband "You're never going to get another ticket off me." He loses everything I give him. Only last night I found a lottery ticket that had won £10 in the bin by luck.'

The lottery organisers did say that they would investigate the claim as there are certain procedures they follow in circumstances when tickets get lost or damaged.

The winning numbers were 9, 30, 35, 39, 46, with lucky stars 6 and 8.

Winners have 180 days to claim their winnings - or 6 months - which in this particular case would make them the 589th richest person in the country.

The couple's names and address are currently being withheld by the press for safety reasons.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

I did exactly the same thing.....

Comment

Working...
    X