• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Council polls could be scrapped

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Council polls could be scrapped

"Whitehall officials have told council chiefs they are considering cancelling the May 2007 polls because of possible plans for a local government shake-up. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4694410.stm

How very convenient that the Labour government wish to scrap next years local government elections as they are running scared they may not get the results they hope for (and coinciding with a switch from B-Liar to Gaydon)

If they do persue this plan then yours truly will be scrapping my next years council tax payments.

"No taxation without representation"

Obligatory Simpson quote: "Ha ha"

Is it true that the UK is now the only western country not to have published those cartoons?

And I bet you lot think these things are unrelated...
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
      Obligatory Simpson quote: "Ha ha"

Is it true that the UK is now the only western country not to have published those cartoons?

And I bet you lot think these things are unrelated...
      A magazine was going to publish one of the cartoons (the one with the cartoonist drawing a picture of m......d) but as the police told the editor they could not guarantee his safety then the cartoons will not appear.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...urce=PA%20Feed

Ironically the magazine was originally set up in 1822 to challenge restrictions on free speech !

Although no cartoons have been published in the UK there have been some very good articles in the evening standard warning of the dangers of ignoring the risk of the rise of Islamic fundamentalist.

How do you think the cartoons and the cancellation of council elections are related (unless we will all be too busy watching the "fireworks" in Iran to be bothered with local politics) ?

Comment

but as the police told the editor they could not guarantee his safety
        If that is not a threat to shut someone up then I don't know what one is.

And you really can't see a relationship?
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
          If that is not a threat to shut someone up then I don't know what one is.

And you really can't see a relationship?
          Not between that editors safety/cartoon issue and cancellation of council election in May 2007.

Am I being very dim here ? (it wouldnt be the first time )

Comment

Working...
          X