• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Climate change - WGAF?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Climate change - WGAF?

I've lost the plot with this global warming / climate change stuff.

I used to care passionately about environmental damage and knew a fair deal about the subject at one time. I could - and still can - talk about soil erosion, the impact of Roman land laws on the formation of the desert in North Africa during Roman times, the impact of monocultures and all sorts.

But I just don't care any more.

This whole politicisation of the 'debate' about whether we've screwed the atmosphere has completely drained me of any faith in either side or any remnant of giving a toss any more.

I had little faith in politicians; now I have none. They really will lie and sell the planet just to line their own pockets. And the pig-tulip ignorant media lap up their soundbites and belittle the scientists regardless of their output.

If this ultimately results in the death of the lot of us, maybe it's just as well: it's what we deserve.
    I am very seriously worried we are not doing enough to prevent climate change.
    0.00%
    I am very seriously worried we are wasting money trying to prevent climate change.
    45.00%
    I am very seriously worried because I don't know what to think any more or who to believe any more.
    10.00%
    I am so tired of the entire subject, I haven't even read this thread, let alone voted.
    25.00%
    It's getting cold: throw another AndyW on the bonfire.
    20.00%
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Think of the children
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      Think of the children
      Good point! There's too damn many of us already. What we need is a cull of the kids.

Bring on the multi-resistant bacteria! They'll see us off eventually. Seeing as how The Bomb didn't get dropped and the global viral pandemics are all rubbish these days and the Martians aren't coming and George Bush's Religious Crusade is fizzling out, we need to do something to sort out this mess we call 'humanity'.

And if we don't do it soon, the entire planet will be growing monoculture, genetically-engineered crops for bio-fuel while 95% of the world starves, until some critter develops a taste for Monsanto products and wipes the global production out in weeks. Then every fecker starves as there'll be bugger all else left to grow.

Maybe a bit of global warming to bugger up the geography & economy might be a well-deserved good kick up the arse.

Perhaps that'll be capitalist America's great gift to humanity: solving the overpopulation problem.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Imagine what we could do if the money and effort wasted on "Carbon counting" was spent on the real needs of humanity, namely healthcare, clean water, education, birth control and protecting natural habitat.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Imagine what we could do if the money and effort wasted on "Carbon counting" was spent on the real needs of humanity, namely healthcare, clean water, education, birth control and protecting natural habitat.
          Indeed.

Maybe even with leftovers there would be enough to make Swindon a habitable place.

One can only hope.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

yes but

Imagine there's no heaven
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Maybe even with leftovers there would be enough to make Swindon a habitable place.

Now you are just being ******* ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                Perhaps that'll be capitalist America's great gift to humanity: solving the overpopulation problem.

Nail. Head. Hit.

Why do you think so many of them are fattening themselves up? It is called "Famine-Packing, and it is a process I have been perfecting for a number of years now. Some might call it "Lardy", but what do they know?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  yes but

Imagine there's no heaven
                  Imagine there's no Carbon footprint, it's easy if you try.

Comment

Yes, sod AGW, world over-population is the real problem, without which we wouldn't have energy issues.

Nice AndyW option by the way.

Comment

Working...
                    X