• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any beetroot recipe ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any beetroot recipe ?

Any of the chef's here for a receipe for beetroots ? Got plenty to get through and desperate for new recipes.

Apologies for the SuitUisque nature of the post.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

You could probably make wine out of them.

You misunderstand SY. He's only esque when it comes to sheds.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

salads

oh and I made an excellent butty once

boiled ham, beetroot slices, english mustard

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Borsch soup is great, and also vinegret - but then again you'd expect me to say that

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Borsch soup is great, and also vinegret - but then again you'd expect me to say that
          Any particular receipe ? As in you got a link to the best one ?
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            Any particular receipe ? As in you got a link to the best one ?
            You are making me hungry and I am still in the office!!!

Not telling you unless you make them and give me half!

Comment

Mrs PRC makes a mean chocolate and beetroot cake. It's like this one but without the mascarpone & lemon bit.

If you want to taste the beetroot then its probably not for you though as it just tastes of chocolate cake.

Comment

Beetroot soup

season, peel, oil and roast the beetroot in the oven with some onions, ratio of 3 to 1 or so

chop them up roughly and add to the blender with hot chicken stock wizz until smooth

transfer to saucepan and warm through, remove from heat and add some greek yogurt and nutmeg

serve with blue cheese on rye bread or cheese on toast

Comment

A bint got into the lift with a bottle of what looked liked blood - I said that looks interesting - she told me it was Beetroot & Ginger

I cannot imagine two more extremes in taste to put together & sell as a drink
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                  X