• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poll - Have you ever been on the dole?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll - Have you ever been on the dole?

What is says really - just curious how many of the benefits reform experts have ever had the need to rely on the Rock and Roll
    No Never
    40.00%
    Yes for a short time or times < 1 yr
    40.00%
    yes > 1 year
    15.56%
    Andy W's mum etc
    4.44%

Never ! Not sure you can even live with that amount of money, probably enough for one meal a day.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      What is says really - just curious how many of the benefits reform experts have ever had the need to rely on the Rock and Roll
      Many top surgeons have never gone under the knife. Does not prevent them being experts in that field. Did your statement have a point or were you just letting some wind go?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Lame Andyw option.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I was lucky enough to get a job straight from university but they got a project canned and people had to leave, I ended up on JSA and housing benefits for a few months. I don't remember it being a financial struggle, £50/week for someone still in a student mindset was quite comfortable since rent was paid separately.

The wife went on JSA for a few months recently, were surprised to find it was given despite me having a decent income. The money seemed much less these days, with petrol and electricity so much more expensive.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Once, many years ago. My first permie job and I had been promoted a couple of times when my direct supervisor left and I was the 'acting' supervisor until a decision was made. The decision was made to hire someone else who didn't have the knowledge of the system we had but did have some years experience of being in that position and was also somewhat older then me, therefore as a matter of principle I resigned. The dole office was in fact directly behind where I worked so after a week or so of bumming around decided to get some money from them. Was told in no uncertain terms that as I had resigned then I wouldn't be able to claim anything for at least 6 weeks when I would be evaluated. Told them back in no uncertain tone that unless they didn't give me any money I wouldn't be able to afford to go for interviews to get another job. A week later I got my first dole cheque. 3 weeks later I started as a contractor (only actually claimed the dole for 2 weeks in the end.)
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              Many top surgeons have never gone under the knife. Does not prevent them being experts in that field. Did your statement have a point or were you just letting some wind go?

It would prevent them from being an expert on being operating upon, not being a surgeon. I posted a poll, people have responded, that was the point; what was yours?

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                Lame Andyw option.
                Can't argue - you got me bang to rights.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                  It would prevent them from being an expert on being operating upon, not being a surgeon. I posted a poll, people have responded, that was the point; what was yours?
                  You implied, in both your offerings, that anyone that does not have personal experience of something cannot somehow have as valid an opinion about it. Your assumption was wrong. I highlighted that fact. That was my point.
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                    Lame Andyw option.
                    Oh it's getting bad on here when a standard AndyW option is dissed.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X