• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Final thoughts on "Spending Review"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very indecisive - GBP is dropping vs EUR, Cons have just blown up their chance to be decisive, I blame Lib Dems who must have watered it all down to their own level

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Very indecisive - GBP is dropping vs EUR, Cons have just blown up their chance to be decisive, I blame Lib Dems who must have watered it all down to their own level
    Eh?

This is EUR/GBP (5 minute chart) for today since about 10 am this morning up until now (just before 8 PM)

That's not going decisively in either direction. FWIW GBP/USD is doing much the same (flip all!)
    Last edited by Jog On; 20 October 2010, 18:57.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      Eh?

The squirrel lord is right. GBP is weaker against the EUR today.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

£80bn saved over 4 years.

At the same time £200bn printed in 5 minutes.

All makes perfect sense to me.

Comment

Take your start period back to 7/8am and you'll see something different.

As for GBP/USD and EUR/USD; there has been a lot of USD weakness today.

The rice paper is in tatters young padawan.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            Take your start period back to 7/8am and you'll see something different.

As for GBP/USD and EUR/USD; there has been a lot of USD weakness today.

The rice paper is in tatters young padawan.
            I see about a 70 pip move up to yesterdays high which it's been nipping at most of this month. Although I see a strong trend upwards in favour of the EUR. I believe that this is because EURUSD bulls are having quite a party.

I was foolish enough to short the EUR today (against CAD) and paid dearly in virtual 'demo' money...

One day I hope to become the master.....

Last edited by Jog On; 20 October 2010, 19:25.
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

This 4h chart shows quite a ferocious uptrend - however is that some divergence on the MACD there?..

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                You promise?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I was expecting more doom today, and feel slightly disappointed.
                  (I know that sounds wrong but there was a big build-up in the media)

And where are the angry mobs?

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                    And where are the angry mobs?
                    France, Greece, Spain
                    Last edited by Peoplesoft bloke; 20 October 2010, 21:13. Reason: syntax

Comment

Working...
                    X