• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Young whippersnappers!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young whippersnappers!

Seem to have had an influx of them recentlly. With their GCSEs, low quality A-levels and Polytechnic degrees, they think they are top of the world. I'm sure they've been inculcated with all the modish "skills": teamwork, communication, creativity etc. etc.

But deep down they're crap and they know it.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Apparently the need for more and more remedial work on new university entrants has now reached the stage that even Oxford and Cambridge are beginning to whinge about the lack of basic numeracy and literacy of last years intake. The rumour has it that so many failed Xmas exams they couldn't send them all down otherwise many lecturers would have empty theatres...
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
      otherwise many lecturers would have empty theatres...
      And how thats differant from the normal state of affairs?
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
        Seem to have had an influx of them recentlly. With their GCSEs, low quality A-levels and Polytechnic degrees, they think they are top of the world. I'm sure they've been inculcated with all the modish "skills": teamwork, communication, creativity etc. etc.

But deep down they're crap and they know it.

Actually you can't have got a Polytechnic Degree after 1992 cos they all suddenly became Universities overnight.

Point still stands though

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
          Actually you can't have got a Polytechnic Degree after 1992 cos they all suddenly became Universities overnight.

Point still stands though
          A poly is a poly whatever you call it.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

whats wrong with going to a metropolitan university?

we all had common sense and studied degrees that actually had a relevance to work.

not like these cigar smoking, scarf wearing toffs who study, english literature, 'american studies' or philoshophy courses and end up smoking dope with hill tribe people in SE Asia all through their ******* 20/30's..to find themselves.

i went to a poly/uni, studied a practical degree in I.T and went striahgt into employement for 6years.

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
              whats wrong with going to a metropolitan university?

we all had common sense and studied degrees that actually had a relevance to work.

not like these cigar smoking, scarf wearing toffs who study, english literature, 'american studies' or philoshophy courses and end up smoking dope with hill tribe people in SE Asia all through their ******* 20/30's..to find themselves.

i went to a poly/uni, studied a practical degree in I.T and went striahgt into employement for 6years.
              You poor sad bastard. You mean you missed out on the dope smoking with the hill tribes? In favour of working in an office for 6 years?

Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Sounds like a damn good time to me

Comment

actually..

Originally posted by DaveB
                  Sounds like a damn good time to me
                  actually, i managed to fit it in by taking a nice little 'career break' for a year once i had a nice 20k in my back pocket. not like most of these toffs who go on mummy and daddies money or come back 10k in debt.

i...

skied and trained off the steeps of the canadian rockies, beach combed, surfed, and ski instructed in australia, bungeed, ice climbed, watched wales, trekked volcanoes in NZ and smoked opium, and chilled with the people of Laos in SEAsia.

life is long. live it.

Comment

actually, i managed to fit it in by taking a nice little 'career break' for a year once i had a nice 20k in my back pocket. not like most of these toffs who go on mummy and daddies money or come back 10k in debt.

i...

skied and trained off the steeps of the canadian rockies, beach combed, surfed, and ski instructed in australia, bungeed, ice climbed, watched wales, trekked volcanoes in NZ and smoked opium, and chilled with the people of Laos in SEAsia.

life is long. live it.
                    I like the "watched wales" bit. Must have been a little like watching paint dry, what? Personally I'd rather have watched Scotland.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X