• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fireworks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireworks

Anyone having a bonfire night party this year? I do love it, me when I get the chance to have one. Got kids coming this year so won't be able to do my human Roman Candle trick but hoping there's still loads of loud ones on the market.

Can't believe they've banned bangers though. Surely there can't be too many people like me who like sticking then in old ladies' dustbins? Another one that got banned was the one that hopped along the ground - Jumping Jack I think it was called. Apparently it used to hop into peoples' wellies so they banned it.

At a bit of a loose end with the guy this year. Normally I make an effigy of somebody deeply unpopular so I've been spoilt for choice over the last few years. I've had Blair and Brown a few times & last time I had a female guy. Hazel Blears. Any suggestions for this year?

Then, of course, there's the food. Normally some kind of bean/sausage stew with loads of smoked paprika & baked potatoes cooked in the bonfire. Only thing I can't do anymore is penny for the guy. Somone called the police last time I did that. Miserable sods.

My other half turns the house into the halloween house where everyone elses halloween house looks tulip by comparison.

I love spending £100 on halloween decorations at this time of the year :
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      My other half turns the house into the halloween house where everyone elses halloween house looks tulip by comparison.

I love spending £100 on halloween decorations at this time of the year :
      Don't you get it back when you pimp them out Trick-or-Treating?
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Some twat has just had an amazing firework display down the road - must have cost a few bob

I wonder if any of the local imports are celebrating any of the following:
        • Belgrade Day Serbia
        • Kenyatta Day Kenya
        • Revolution Day Guatemala
        • Birth of the Bab Baha'i
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          Some twat has just had an amazing firework display down the road - must have cost a few bob

I wonder if any of the local imports are celebrating any of the following:
          • Belgrade Day Serbia
          • Kenyatta Day Kenya
          • Revolution Day Guatemala
          • Birth of the Bab Baha'i
          Why not take a bottle and some nibbles round, knock on their doors and find out Troll? I am sure you can be quite charming when you extinguish that burning crucifix of yours and remove the pillowcase from over your head!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
            Somone called the police last time I did that. Miserable sods.
            And quite right too. Technically you were committing the offence of hawking. As for trick or treaters, that's tantamount to extortion and I never hesitate to call the authorities when I'm doorstepped by a group of teenagers.

Regarding your comments vis a vis the insertion of bangers in old ladies' dustbins, you should be ashamed of yourself. I know how terrifying it can be to have uncouth ruffians launch explosive projectiles at me from being out on my recumbent at this time of year. Shameful.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
              And quite right too. Technically you were committing the offence of hawking. As for trick or treaters, that's tantamount to extortion and I never hesitate to call the authorities when I'm doorstepped by a group of teenagers.

Regarding your comments vis a vis the insertion of bangers in old ladies' dustbins, you should be ashamed of yourself. I know how terrifying it can be to have uncouth ruffians launch explosive projectiles at me from being out on my recumbent at this time of year. Shameful.
              At Zip Towers we make sure the Ex-Lax laced 'chocolates' and super heated small change are to hand when the little chreubs call round. It also works on the energy company salespeople.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

We don't do halloween, but now we live in a middle class neighborhood you never see any children anyway... ironically when we lived in a poor mining village where every 2nd house was DSS, everyone was out having fun.

Sadly we've no garden though, only a little yard with houses on all sides, and the likelyhood of burning them down.
                Shame, I've fond memories from childhood, we always had a big bonfire as we had a big garden with lots of trees, and always had a BBQ standing in the freezing cold. Maybe we'll have BBQ and mulled wine but no fireworks...
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X