• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK awards ceremony 2010

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUK awards ceremony 2010

Seeing as we have had some change on the board I think it is time we hold this awards ceremony.

Can I have your nominations for

CUK Village idiot
    CUK Bedwetter in chief
    Most improved poster
    Funniest poster
    Dullest poster
    Best socky

Lines close at 6pm UK
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Is this one of those 'awards ceremonies' where you pay £50 per seat for a table of six and get to choose your award?
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        Is this one of those 'awards ceremonies' where you pay £50 per seat for a table of six and get to choose your award?
        Or if you're unlucky/AtW you get f**k all

Comment

I am not falling for one of those ever again!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Seeing as we have had some change on the board I think it is time we hold this awards ceremony.

Can I have your nominations for

CUK Village idiot
            CUK Bedwetter in chief
            Most improved poster
            Funniest poster
            Dullest poster
            Best socky

Lines close at 6pm UK
            OK no one is getting this so there is a lot of contention for the first award

My nominations are :

CUK Village idiot - SASGuru
            CUK Bedwetter in chief - Doogie
            Most improved poster - Me
            Funniest poster - Dim Prawn
            Dullest poster - AtW
            Best socky - Gricer

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              I am not falling for one of those ever again!
              They're not meant for the likes of you. They're aimed at very rich, very large, very high profile and utterly abominable organisations.

A previous public sector client "won" a medal for good practice and everyone got summoned to look at it. A quick Google search confirmed it costs $200 for the medal and certificate. You could get one from your local trophy shop for a tenner.

The corporate risk team of recent ClientCo "won an award" for their activity in 2009. They were only formed in December 2009. Six staff people attended the ceremony having paid a goodly sum per seat.

The customer call centre of a previous ClientCo is an award winner for being one of the best 50 call centres in the UK. Anyone with any service management experience will simply not believe how bad they really are, and they are also slated for having the highest number of written complaints in the industry. But the Gala Dinner was very pleasant, I am told. Book your chosen award early for 2011: "There are a limited number of participant places available for 2011, so contact us now to find out how your organisation can be involved."

How does yours work, SY01? Do we all troop down to the Luton Beefeater and hand over our beer vouchers and you hand out the certificates? Or do you want payment up front? Is the "Biggest Knob on CUK" award still free? I want to buy it as a gift for someone else...
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Is the "Biggest Knob on CUK" award still free? I want to buy it as a gift for someone else...
                Someone has already won that one....
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

They're not meant for the likes of you. They're aimed at very rich, very large, very high profile and utterly abominable organisations.

A previous public sector client "won" a medal for good practice and everyone got summoned to look at it. A quick Google search confirmed it costs $200 for the medal and certificate. You could get one from your local trophy shop for a tenner.

The corporate risk team of recent ClientCo "won an award" for their activity in 2009. They were only formed in December 2009. Six staff people attended the ceremony having paid a goodly sum per seat.

The customer call centre of a previous ClientCo is an award winner for being one of the best 50 call centres in the UK. Anyone with any service management experience will simply not believe how bad they really are, and they are also slated for having the highest number of written complaints in the industry. But the Gala Dinner was very pleasant, I am told. Book your chosen award early for 2011: "There are a limited number of participant places available for 2011, so contact us now to find out how your organisation can be involved."

How does yours work, SY01? Do we all troop down to the Luton Beefeater and hand over our beer vouchers and you hand out the certificates? Or do you want payment up front? Is the "Biggest Knob on CUK" award still free? I want to buy it as a gift for someone else...
                  Bedwetter

Comment

Some photos here from the 2010 Recruiter Awards for Excellence do.
                    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                    X