• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just got a Windows 7 phone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got a Windows 7 phone

Think I need an xbox to get the most out of it
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

How do you take calls on it? Do you have to swipe it three times, shake it, then download an app?

Or is it just a matter of downloading 256Mb of Windows Updates before you can use it?
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      How do you take calls on it? Do you have to swipe it three times, shake it, then download an app?

Or is it just a matter of downloading 256Mb of Windows Updates before you can use it?
      Downloading 'zune' which I think is the equivalent of itunes. They haven't switched over the data tarrif yet so there's not too much I can do with it yet
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Does it get slower and slower the more you use it, eventually getting you to download an update which kills it?
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Pretty stupid 'witty comment'. Apple PCs download just as many updates as Windows ones.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

<phone rings with annoying Windows mobile ring tone>

<Jog On looks at screen>

Screen says: "Incoming Call"

<Jog On presses answer button>

Screen says: "WARNING: before answering this call you must download critical hotfix KB324871 (256MB ~ 10 mins to download). Ok to download?"

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Pretty stupid 'witty comment'. Apple PCs download just as many updates as Windows ones.
              Are Apple computers called PCs too these days? Blimey I'd have thought IBM lawyers would have thrown their teddy out of their pram if Apple tried that.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

commiseration's - can you take something for it?
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Yes it's true.

But performance remains.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Has it been released ??
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                    X