• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh frackety, frack, frack, frack.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh frackety, frack, frack, frack.

I might have to form HairyArsedBloke (UK) Ltd.

How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

If it upsets you so much, don't do it.

You could form Knobcheese Pizza Delivery (UK) Ltd instead.

Or Toejam Butty Mines (UK) Ltd.

HTH.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      If it upsets you so much, don't do it.

You could form Knobcheese Pizza Delivery (UK) Ltd instead.

Or Toejam Butty Mines (UK) Ltd.

HTH.
      knobcheese pizza is taken
      thats where I get mine delivered from

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Oh dear

Comment

What it is called is not the problem; it's having to be a UK company.

There is serious doubts that my non-resident status is still valid too; I've been back in the UK far too long and 'receiving medical treatment' isn't going to cut the mustard anymore.

The way I am operating at the moment keeps me in modest circumstances, but well away from poverty. I am involved in a legal case and having the appearance of being hard up suits that fine, but that is not making any progress and I may abandon it.

I'm not in a position to leg it just yet. I need to have a lot more funds before I can go. To do that I have to build up the business a lot. However, doing so without a UK company or banking is proving to be a bit of a problem.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Comment

Oh dear.

I (and everyone else) knew it wasn't the name, but other than commiserating there ain't much to say.

It's great to see someone screw the system; seeing someone not quite manage to do so is most deflating.

Are the consequences going to hurt a lot? From previous posts, you imply they'll sting you something nasty, given the chance.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

It's great to see someone screw the system; seeing someone not quite manage to do so is most deflating.
              WHS

Yes, come on HAB, pull your socks up.

You've been an example to us all; but at this rate we'll have to think about renaming the HAB Fan Club.

How about registering the company in the Isle of Man, or Vatican City ?
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                How about registering the company in the Isle of Man, or Vatican City ?
                Indeed, or if Gibraltar would be OK, PM me for a friendly contact.

Comment

I don't have to do anything yet. I'm going to have to think about all this.

There must be a way round it. I'm not on Hector's radar and as long as I do nothing to bring HAB Inc to his attention I should be OK for now.

The problem is that any sales in Europe will cause questions to be asked. I'll have to stick to the US.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                    I don't have to do anything yet. I'm going to have to think about all this.

There must be a way round it. I'm not on Hector's radar and as long as I do nothing to bring HAB Inc to his attention I should be OK for now.

The problem is that any sales in Europe will cause questions to be asked. I'll have to stick to the US.
                    Not being a veteran of this esteemed forum, I've no idea, so I have to ask - what is it that you do, exactly?
                    You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Working...
                    X