• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boom-ity Boom Boom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boom-ity Boom Boom

Told Client Co last week that I wouldn't be renewing when contract was up (Christmas, they like to ask early) due to being too far away from home. (Home = Scottish Island, Work=West Yorkshire).

Client Co comes back and says "If we let you work from home three weeks out of four, would you renew ?"

I said I'd think about it.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Told Client Co last week that I wouldn't be renewing when contract was up (Christmas, they like to ask early) due to being too far away from home. (Home = Scottish Island, Work=West Yorkshire).

Client Co comes back and says "If we let you work from home three weeks out of four, would you renew ?"

I said I'd think about it.
    oooooh... Push for rate rise too

Comment

Surely if you live on a Scottish island then everywhere's going to be a long way away?
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
        oooooh... Push for rate rise too
        LOL......you are a proper contractor mate

The rate bit had been discussed well in advance of the working from home thingy.

Have never felt guilty about accepting an offer before but the smallish rate rise (on an already decent rate) on top of not having to frequent this tulip hole three weeks out of four, makes me feel guilty for taking advantage of their good nature.

Wait a minute, no it ******* doesn't

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
          Surely if you live on a Scottish island then everywhere's going to be a long way away?
          Glasgow is 'commutable', everything else is 'stay away'.

To be honest, i've been contracting 15 years and staying away most of that. Have just come to a point where I can't really be arsed any more, so was going to pack this contract at the end and carry on with Plan B. Plan B makes a living but nothing like contracting money.

Working from home sounds like a way to go for a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            Glasgow is 'commutable', everything else is 'stay away'.

To be honest, i've been contracting 15 years and staying away most of that. Have just come to a point where I can't really be arsed any more, so was going to pack this contract at the end and carry on with Plan B. Plan B makes a living but nothing like contracting money.

Working from home sounds like a way to go for a few months.
            Ideal!! Congrats!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Oh, well done!
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Well done. An early christmas indeed.

Used to travel away always leaving me exhausted and not worth a tuppeny bit. Now Mrs scooter and I travel together, works a charm, but the motherland is always calling.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Well done. An early christmas indeed.

Used to travel away always leaving me exhausted and not worth a tuppeny bit. Now Mrs scooter and I travel together, works a charm, but the motherland is always calling.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

It's the Waverley!!

I think the Rev. I Am Jolly would have delivered a good budget.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X