• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Maths mystery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maths mystery

On another board I frequent, a post was removed because a complaint was made about its content being 'profoundly offensive', specifically this bit of maths:

533267/842=633.333

I've tried and tried to find this offensive but can't. Google has no idea. Can anyone here crack it?

Originally posted by Grasser73 View Post
    On another board I frequent, a post was removed because a complaint was made about its content being 'profoundly offensive', specifically this bit of maths:

533267/842=633.334

I've tried and tried to find this offensive but can't. Google has no idea. Can anyone here crack it?
    FTFY
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

was it a Mensa board?

maybe they thought it was very insulting that someone would actually post the answer to the question in the same sum?

Comment

533267/842=633.333

The answer is correct as far as it goes with the decimal places, so one might assume the answer was 633.333 recurring, but it's not.

633.33372921615201900237529691211 etc

It's an 'absurdity', and the mere mention of it is bad luck to proper mathematicians, who feel betrayed by nature itself.

They rail at God and all his works, and sometimes commit suicide. Probably by jumping off a building.

So that's why it was removed.

Comment

533267/842=633.333

Yup, that's an easy one; it's because some people are really up themselves.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

It's a code & yes it is very very offensive to certain people
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

What board?

I wondered if it's a rude word upside down or something...
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                How come?
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  It's a classic internet insult. Haven't seen it for years. :rollin
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

[ I think not ! ]
                    Admin is so gonna kick your arse for posting that!

(Or probably just delete the thread.)
                    Last edited by RichardCranium; 22 October 2010, 11:53. Reason: Oops. That wasn't very clever of me.
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X