• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quiet in here! Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quiet in here! Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Clientco is dead today. You can hear a pin drop.

Next door is a training session which pierces the air with the odd laugh. The floor has spaces for maybe 30 hotdesks, there are only 4 people around and the odd couple of people walking to an open plan coffee area.

All morning, every time there was a noise , someone went to the coffee area and had a chat, a perm at the other side of the room scowled.

First off, he went and complained to some people who came out of the training, then he complained to a couple of girls at the coffee area, then he went into the training and asked them to keep it down and then complained to facilities. Yes, it is quiet you can hear a pin drop.

Another hot desker a grizzled 60 year old in the same room watched with some interest. An email then pinged on his machine and made a very dull 'boing'. The perm got up, walked over and said 'Excuse me, do you mind turning down the volume on your laptop, I am trying to work'

Prize for the first person to guess the response.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

"No"
    "eff off and die"
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      "No"
      "eff off and die"
      Worlds shortest quiz

The perm did complain to facilities again later when the guy had gone and I did have to interject and tell the perm he had been a little over the top this morning.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Worlds shortest quiz

The perm did complain to facilities again later when the guy had gone and I did have to interject and tell the perm he had been a little over the top this morning.
        Did you physically or verbally tell him?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          Did you physically or verbally tell him?
          Put it this way, it's getting crowded under the patio.

Comment

Working...
          X