• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dispatches from Permieworld - Week 1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dispatches from Permieworld - Week 1

- Still got a temporary pass that I have to get renewed on a daily basis, because the "system" that issues permie passes has "run out of ID numbers".

- Did some inane money laundering training seminar and was rewarded with a company keyring to show for my successful effort.

- It took 3 different desktop people 4 days to get me logged into my telephone, and then I moved desks today, so I will have to repeat this process - inevitably - on Monday.

- New boss has gone awol since Wednesday.

- Oh yes, nearly forgot, did some work, that's been sitting on an enhancement queue since May. Took me 1/2 day and I'm still trying to find someone who's remotely interested in using it.

Highlight of the week was getting the company keyring. Definitely.

Me, me, me...

Comment

Please post a picture of the keyring.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
        - Still got a temporary pass that I have to get renewed on a daily basis, because the "system" that issues permie passes has "run out of ID numbers".

- Did some inane money laundering training seminar and was rewarded with a company keyring to show for my successful effort.

- It took 3 different desktop people 4 days to get me logged into my telephone, and then I moved desks today, so I will have to repeat this process - inevitably - on Monday.

- New boss has gone awol since Wednesday.

- Oh yes, nearly forgot, did some work, that's been sitting on an enhancement queue since May. Took me 1/2 day and I'm still trying to find someone who's remotely interested in using it.

Highlight of the week was getting the company keyring. Definitely.
        Thanks for the update

IIRC this gig is very very well paid so just count the coins and roll with it.

HTH
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

We used to dream of keyrings. Lucky sod.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Sounds like insurance. Rivetting
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
              WHS!

Comment

Have you filled in you self evaluation form yet?
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Sounds like insurance. Rivetting
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                  X