• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do Conductors make a difference?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the fact that Furtwangler was the conductor on this performance, reflect in the music? It does sound amazing, but Wagner generally does.

Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Only on a Bus

HTH
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Only on a Bus

HTH
      I'll get you "Blakey" !!!! sminkidunki
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

During a performance the conductor is keeping the orchestra to the correct tempo and communicating dynamics, without those basics it would be all over the place and sound flat.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          During a performance the conductor is keeping the orchestra to the correct tempo and communicating dynamics, without those basics it would be all over the place and sound flat.
          Not if they are sent straight to GULAG after poor performance

Comment

Copper over iron IMHO
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              And quite rightly so.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Is it true that the first person to stop clapping also gets to spend winter in the gulag? Hence the applause goes on and on, until the conductor turns to face the audience and puts his hands together, palms down, and theatricality sweeps them outwards.

Comment

I don't think the stick waving makes much difference but the pre-concert work with the orchestra does.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    Is it true that the first person to stop clapping also gets to spend winter in the gulag? Hence the applause goes on and on, until the conductor turns to face the audience and puts his hands together, palms down, and theatricality sweeps them outwards.

life

Dear Leader

Comment

Working...
                    X