• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Passport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Passport

Mine runs out next year and I'm thinking about renewing it now, in good time before it expires. Is there any reason to hold off doing so for a bit, as new government initiatives come in to action?

Any new government initiatives in particular?
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Now that ID cards are in the bin, I don't think so.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        Nothing to add. Just wanted to see that sentence repeated.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

Any reason apart from joy about the end of ID Cards?
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Mine runs out next year and I'm thinking about renewing it now, in good time before it expires. Is there any reason to hold off doing so for a bit, as new government initiatives come in to action?
            I am in a similar situation but have held off as it would be nice to lose a few pounds before having my mug immortalised for the next 10 years.

(The earliest you can apply for renewal without losing any 'time' from your old passport is 9 months, I believe).

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              Any reason apart from joy about the end of ID Cards?
              No. No other reason.

I suppose I could have edited it down.
              ID cards are in the bin
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                Any new government initiatives in particular?
                I should have said as old initiatives are binned, rather than new ones. Thanks all.

Comment

Working...
                X