• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Most irritating Parky/Wogan/Woss guest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most irritating Parky/Wogan/Woss guest

Parky had many interesting guests and could bring the best out of them.

Robin Williams was the most irritating I can recall. His whole approach was "I am funny. Look at me." and it didn't work. It was cringeworthy.

Angie Dickinson (aka Pepper Anderson) was almost as bad but in another way. She presented herself as All Nicey Nicey American Smiles (Teeth and Hairdo To Match), the sort of thing you see coming from Miss USA, when what we all wanted to see was something more like her character in Police Woman.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

The most cringeworthy interviews I ever saw were when Michael Parkinson interviewed Meg Ryan and when Clive Anderson ridiculed interviewed the Bee Gees.

Comment

I avoid this kind of crap TV. I find people who think these interviews are interesting the most irritating.

Comment

I dont think I've ever seen Wogan or Parky.... Have seen Woss but he's so bloody irritating, I barely remember who he is interviewing!
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          The most cringeworthy interviews I ever saw were when Michael Parkinson interviewed Meg Ryan and when Clive Anderson ridiculed interviewed the Bee Gees.
          I can't have a look at the clip here. What actually happened with Meg Ryan? I never saw it.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Saw Wossy just the once , only because Morissey was on.
            One of the guys from '4 poofs and a piano' started slobbering for Mozzers drummer

totally cringe making

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
            X