• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Girlfriend says its either her or the cat! (while crying in the middle of a walk)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girlfriend says its either her or the cat! (while crying in the middle of a walk)

Does this sound bunny boiler?

We spent last Saturday and Wednesday evening together, and yesterday.

She wants to spend a LOT more time with me - we agreed to go Ceroc dancing in Hyde on Wednesday as halfway for both of us. She wants to drive the extra 20 miles past the venue to my house, so see me at home for around 20 mins before we drive all the way back to Hyde for Ceroc lesson. Instead of us both going home after she wants to stay over which is kind of okay, but, why not meet at Ceroc then follow me home? Yes, she is seriously fine to hang outside my house for maybe an hour to maximise every moment.

She also wants to come over at mine from Friday night through to Monday morning. I have a gym class I like on Friday evening and Sunday morning which is good for my bad back - an hour away max. Gf really not happy about this having a right go at me.

In the middle of woodland walk today she cries and says 'It is either me of the cat' as I cannnot spend more than 1 night away without cattery. We can meet up halfway within 30 mins drive but she is insistant we spend more time staying over at each others equally.

Also, I was at mum't for evening meal last night - wanted to walk over as 15 mins. Gf was fuming I did not drive to get another 10 mins with her.

Truly - is this bunny boiler stuff or I am unreasonable for wanting to go to 2 back friendly gym classes over 4 days?

She said with the Friday night bedroom excercise I should not be looking at any gym!

Hello, Wilmslow. Glad to see you're still around.

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    She wants to spend a LOT more time with me
    Being cynical, this seems to be a phase women go through when they're breaking in a bloke to see if he can be trained for marriage. It's a control thing. You just need to compromise - or risk never getting your own way and that'll spoil long term plans.

I have a gym class I like on Friday evening and Sunday morning which is good for my bad back
    The magic words are "good for my bad back". So, if you don't go, there's no dance classes and no humpy-pumpy. That sounds like two reasons she should let you go.

In the middle of woodland walk today she cries and says 'It is either me of the cat'
    That is a test, I'm afraid. To see how far she needs to go to get her own way, and to establish her position in the pecking order of the tribe: above or below the cat.

The cat is a dependent; choosing between her and the cat is like asking her to choose between her and any child you may already have; it is silly.

The deal is: you want her and the cat. You're just that kind of guy, with enough love for two.

Also, I was at mum't for evening meal last night - wanted to walk over as 15 mins. Gf was fuming I did not drive to get another 10 mins with her.
    Again, just a test.

She said with the Friday night bedroom exercise I should not be looking at any gym!
    Fnarr, fnarr!

She's just working out where she fits in, and who wears the trousers. Establish a routine of aiming for compromise and all will be well. Or do as you're told and start shopping around for a good-sized shed to spend your married life in.
    Last edited by RichardCranium; 25 October 2010, 07:08. Reason: Make it slightly less patronising
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Fortunately I already have a shed, a summer house and a garage.

Must look into outdoor shed heating options - this is going to be a long, cold winter......

Comment

Keep an eye on the cat. She'll have that in a pot on your cooker in lieu of a bunny.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          Keep an eye on the cat. She'll have that in a pot on your cooker in lieu of a bunny.
          Exactly. See the Monday morning post and my deep fried cat nightmare......

I am worried about her staying on Wednesday as will have to leave house without her on Thursday morning as I leave at 6am. Argh!!

Comment

Exactly. See the Monday morning post and my deep fried cat nightmare......

I am worried about her staying on Wednesday as will have to leave house without her on Thursday morning as I leave at 6am. Argh!!
            I think you know you're onto a winner when you're worried about leaving your other half alone in your house. You should propose, quickly!
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Another added complication is she snores like a portly labrador. She says she is happy staying in the spare room so I can sleep for work, but she also says she is not really. Why can't women just be straight talking?

Comment

Great Monday morning reading Wilmslow, thanks.

If you introduce this lady (same one from a few months ago?) to your neighbours, perhaps she won't want to visit as much.
                And what's with your cat it can only last 1 day alone?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Great Monday morning reading Wilmslow, thanks.
                  It's cheered me up a bit too.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

You're a psycho. You've attracted an equally psychotic potential mate.

Hopefully a bus will kill the pair of you before you have chance to sire any offspring.

Comment

Working...
                    X