• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Miserable Monday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miserable Monday

Since my last Monday attempt to make the world a happier place failed and resulted in a huge negative reputation hit for me, maybe this is more in keeping with the mood.

ARSE. IT'S BLOODY MONDAY AGAIN!

It's cold, dark, wet, miserable and the last Monday before the clocks change and make it even worse. With nothing to look forward to except trick-or-treat terrorists and all night poxy fireworks. But this is work and what are the bastards going to do to grind us down this week?

Got any plans you don't want ruined? Any deadlines that mustn't be missed - but you're depending on someone else? Given up caring already? Thinking how to spoil someone else's day - or have you started already? Contractors' coffee pot smell like a permie pissed in it on Friday? Not got the extension? Waiting for the outcome of having been caught taking a pencil from stationery? Got a some new kit being delivered that'll come without the USB lead / drive rails / mounting bolts / CD key? Wishing you could have more time off with the sprogs? Or just utterly miserable to be commuting just to sit at ClientCo meetings listening to bollocks from ***kers and doing pointless activities for the ungrateful? While trying to compensate for the misery by eating poor quality, tepid, greasy tulipe from the works canteen?

Or are you doing something really uplifting and special like going to the Job Centre to sign on?
    Last edited by RichardCranium; 25 October 2010, 06:55.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

As I am avoiding my own personal bunny boiler I am actually happier at work this Monday morning! I had nightmares of my cat getting deep fried. That says something!

Comment

Morning RC.

This thread is much better, fits with my mood perfectly.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Three more weeks to go

A week doing accounts etc. going to close one of my ltd.

Then winter sun
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          Morning RC.

This thread is much better, fits with my mood perfectly.
          What Misery Says.

Bah humbug.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

today has started off very badly - I've forgotten to bring in my coffee cup and spoon so I'm going to have to make
            do with a spare from the kitchen.

Comment

It's a sunny blue sky here. I've not been out yet so I don't know if it's cold or not.

I like Mondays; especially the morning. I generally don't have any new problems to face and the punters won't be around for hours. It's good for getting things done.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

the kids are off school, that makes my drive into work a doddle, brilliant, except that tonight I will have to put up with the fkng football banging on the garage door because the kids are off school, what a bummer

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Who cancelled autumn?

Comment

What a fitting start to the first week of bench time for me.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X