• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The £ ....if in doubt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The £ ....if in doubt

print it out

Pound Faces Pain as Cameron Cuts Send King to Printing Press - Bloomberg

Euros anyone?
    I'm alright Jack

I can't decide whether to hang on to my rapidly depreciating dollars or whether to cut my losses. At least the gold I bought at the same time as dollars last year has evened things up a little.

Comment

I really can't decide what to do, I was keeping money in £ thinking property prices would come down, that has not happened yet.

Now I think it's too late to move.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Soon, none of this exchange rate talk will matter.
        Only one currency will be worth anything.

The Gold ATM Comes to America

Comment

Nice pic of a rolled up tenner there:

With all that going on in the city - is it any wonder this country's going down the pan?
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Wheelbarrows

Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
              Soon, none of this exchange rate talk will matter.
              Only one currency will be worth anything.

The Gold ATM Comes to America

WHS

only currency that has worked for thousands of years, as someone smarter then me once said . . .

"what ever made you think paper was so valuable?"

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
                WHS

only currency that has worked for thousands of years, as someone smarter then me once said . . .

"what ever made you think paper was so valuable?"
                As Dylan Grice of SocGen said on Friday, Gold - no counterparty default in 6,000 years.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                  I really can't decide what to do, I was keeping money in £ thinking property prices would come down, that has not happened yet.

Now I think it's too late to move.
                  Plenty of people in the same boat. Property has come down in some places in the UK. I think you have to invest in the UK for 5 years until the pound comes back. Either buy property or a managed fund with property exposure.

Comment

Gold is about £27/g, right? That means you could actually put 1g of gold in a special currency, like a plastic leaf with the gold inset (like the chip on a credit card). Of course then demand for gold would rocket, but they wouldn't need as much. That metal line on bank notes could be replaced with real gold.

Of course, getting rid of cash would be easier.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X