• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How much do you spend for food in UK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much do you spend for food in UK?

Do I spend too much?

100 pounds a week for 2 people's food (eating out 1-2 times a week). I wouldn't touch even with a bargepole anything that has the "Economy" label written on it. How about you rich contractors? Do you eat baked beans like Milan and put aside all the money or just indulge yourself in luxury food?
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Bloody hell, thats a lot for two. Either your on finest range ready meals or fillet steak all week.
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon
      Bloody hell, thats a lot for two. Either your on finest range ready meals or fillet steak all week.
      You obviously don't live in London. If that includes going out twice, that's at the low end.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
        Do I spend too much?

100 pounds a week for 2 people's food (eating out 1-2 times a week). I wouldn't touch even with a bargepole anything that has the "Economy" label written on it. How about you rich contractors? Do you eat baked beans like Milan and put aside all the money or just indulge yourself in luxury food?
        Economy is more to do with price/size ratio than quality.

You could be losing out by not getting your cornflakes delivered by lorry.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
          You obviously don't live in London. If that includes going out twice, that's at the low end.
          looks at the low end also. Assuming you spend £40 a time when eating out that leaves £20 for the rest of the week. I spend close to £7 p.d just on brekky and lunch.

Comment

Does the hundred pounds include eating out?
            But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
              No, no, I meant that this is what I spend shopping for food eating in every time apart from 1-2 a week (ok, including all things for home like soaps and similar). Eating out not included (of course).
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                No, no, I meant that this is what I spend shopping for food eating in every time apart from 1-2 a week (ok, including all things for home like soaps and similar). Eating out not included (of course).
                ah. you have explained yourself better now. £100 looks about right then

Comment

Seems high to me. Do you eat a lot of Ready Type meals?

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon
                    Seems high to me. Do you eat a lot of Ready Type meals?
                    Argggghhhh Even the thought of it makes me sick!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X