• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some people take this "Thatch" hatred too far

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people take this "Thatch" hatred too far

Is she dead yet? Is Margaret Thatcher Dead Yet?
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

I got banned from a forum after I commented that thousands of miners must have croaked it saying "not now, let that bitch That..."

I was saying to the girly the other day half the miners in the dispute must be dead by now.

Comment

Try asking some of the folk in the coal mining or steel making or ship building areas of the country why they hate Thatcher. Especially in the areas that have been depressed for a generation.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        Try asking some of the folk in the coal mining or steel making or ship building areas of the country why they hate Thatcher. Especially in the areas that have been depressed for a generation.
        Because the Koreans were better at building ships that the Glaswegians?

Shipyards started to close in the 70s, nowt to do with Thatcher.

Comment

Maybe I should formalise my campaign to have B'Liar, Snot Goblin, et al be publicly put to death through being hung, drawn and quartered?
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            Lucky that the last Labour government came to their rescue and re-opened all those pits.

errr...

Comment

Yes it's a bit of an over-reaction when all she did was devastate communities, increase taxes, create civil unrest, quash bodies that stood up for workers rights, introduce unfair taxes and create privately owned monopolies.

Human suffering and misery was a price worth paying to make a small minority fantastically wealthy?

I blame the Argies. She'd have been out on her arse in 1983 if it wasn't for them.
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                Lucky that the last Labour government came to their rescue and re-opened all those pits.

errr...
                They gave back school milk though.
                Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                  Lucky that the last Labour government ...
                  Blimey. That's going back some. James Callaghan, wasn't it?
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Since the second World War Britain was at it's most successful under Thatcher's leadership. There can be no question that is the truth.

The UK has to remember that the NHS was largely paid for by the Americans and when that money dried up we were stuffed. Thatcher was the first PM to deal with the problem of the UK spending more than we made. Sadly that has now been reverted.

Comment

Working...
                    X