• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Deflation news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deflation news

"Global food crisis forecast as prices reach record highs

Cost of meat, sugar, rice, wheat and maize soars as World Bank predicts five years of price volatility

Rising food prices and shortages could cause instability in many countries as the cost of staple foods and vegetables reached their highest levels in two years, with scientists predicting further widespread droughts and floods.

Although food stocks are generally good despite much of this year's harvests being wiped out in Pakistan and Russia, sugar and rice remain at a record price.

More: Global food crisis forecast as prices reach record highs | Environment | The Guardian

----------

My heart goes for BoE Governor - how can he possible manage to get deflation back under control in such terrible circumstances?

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    "Global food crisis forecast as prices reach record highs

Cost of meat, sugar, rice, wheat and maize soars as World Bank predicts five years of price volatility

Rising food prices and shortages could cause instability in many countries as the cost of staple foods and vegetables reached their highest levels in two years, with scientists predicting further widespread droughts and floods.

Although food stocks are generally good despite much of this year's harvests being wiped out in Pakistan and Russia, sugar and rice remain at a record price.

More: Global food crisis forecast as prices reach record highs | Environment | The Guardian

----------

My heart goes for BoE Governor - how can he possible manage to get deflation back under control in such terrible circumstances?
    Where have you stashed your house buying fund, safe from the ravages of "deflation"?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      Where have you stashed your house buying fund, safe from the ravages of "deflation"?
      I am saving up for a castle with a very big moat.

HTH

Comment

HTH
        Belonging of Mexican Drug Lord Gets Busted

Comment

Someone on this board said that ag commodities were a 'good' speckulantive punt.

Oh Yeah. It was me.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

HTH
            He shot himself.

Comment

Working...
            X