• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where now for house prices?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where now for house prices?

With the coalition policies expected to result in the loss of up to a million jobs (both public and private sector) where do you think hous prices will go?
    Fall
    64.29%
    Rise
    10.71%
    I don't care - I live in andyW's mums brothel
    25.00%
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

I stopped to look at house prices in an estate agent window the other day and still found it hard to believe the asking prices. Who the flip can afford 400K, let alone for an average looking house. The only saving grace is that GBP may fall faster than house prices, who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      Who the flip can afford 400K, let alone for an average looking house. .
      Loads of people otherwise they wouldn't be priced at that, would they?
      Depends what you can get for your current house.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Even if house prices don't change, the price of houses in the UK will go down as the £ falls.
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          With the coalition policies expected to result in the loss of up to a million jobs (both public and private sector) where do you think hous prices will go?
          Do you expect to be one of that million?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Who the flip can afford 400K

Not to say I would though; I don't fancy trying to sleep at night knowing I owe the bank half a million euros.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

House price falls are lagging as dumb ass vendors are, once again, not being realistic in their pricing.

You'll still get pockets of growth such as Central London but I'd imagine the general trend is downwards for the next couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Do you expect to be one of that million?
                Nah, too valuable.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

The only way is up..baby.

Comment

We put a bid in for a house in 2007 for 491,000, the winning bidder took it for 491,200.

The bidder failed to stump up the money which under Sctos law is a major no no, as they were taking legal action they offered the place to us which we declined. The place went for 417,000 8 months later so the winning bidder has to pay the 70 odd grand. We worked it out that the bidder knew the property owner and a deal had been struck that they would pay 200 quid over the top offer which was ours. Bullet dodged there.

Comment

Working...
                    X