• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Climate Scientist Speaks out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Climate Scientist Speaks out

Interesting post from Professor Judith Curry on her blog

Heresy and the creation of monsters | Climate Etc.

...and what does she say:

If, how, and why I had been duped by the IPCC became an issue of overwhelming personal and professional concern. I decided that there were two things that I could do: 1) speak out publicly and try to restore integrity to climate science by increasing transparency and engaging with skeptics; and 2) dig deeply into the broader aspects of the science and the IPCC’s arguments and try to assess the uncertainty. The Royal Society Workshop on Handling Uncertainty in Science last March motivated me to take on #2 in a serious way. I spent all summer working on a paper entitled “Climate Science and the Uncertainty Monster,” which was submitted to a journal in August. I have no idea what the eventual fate of this paper will be, but it has seeded the uncertainty series on Climate Etc. and its fate seems almost irrelevant at this point.

If the IPCC is dogma, then count me in as a heretic. The story should not be about me, but about how and why the IPCC became dogma.

sums it up...well said Judith.
    I'm alright Jack

Given the public humiliation I dealt out to you today, exposing your complete ignorance of numbers and statistics and logical reasoning, perhaps you should leave the climate science debate to those more intellectually equipped than yourself.

HTH.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Rrrrrrround 2.

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
        Rrrrrrround 2.
        Nah wouldn't be fair. Like fighting a dead, wet, floppy fish.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Nah wouldn't be fair. Like fighting a dead, wet, floppy fish.
          Nice left hook from SAS, goes for the knockout early.

Comment

2 years from now AGW will be a completely dead duck, the climate scientists are queueing up to get off the band wagon.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              2 years from now AGW will be a completely dead duck, the climate scientists are queueing up to get off the band wagon.
              Yes but how do you do that ? How do you actually backtrack and admit that everything you stand for and fought for was a lie.

I mean, did the church suddenly rurn around one day and say - ok heaven is not up. we've been there and heaven wasnt there, it must be somewhere else.

is there some sort of grand announcement ?

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                Yes but how do you do that ? How do you actually backtrack and admit that everything you stand for and fought for was a lie.

I mean, did the church suddenly rurn around one day and say - ok heaven is not up. we've been there and heaven wasnt there, it must be somewhere else.

is there some sort of grand announcement ?
                Come on, EO, you know the answer.

You know how every three months the government takes out a full page ad in the broadsheets explaining what they've learned, what they had wrong, and how they are going to do things differently in the future?

And you know how the Pope does the same thing each year on his balcony in St Thingies Square on behalf of the Catholic Church?

And you know how on the first Sunday of each month the vicars read out the "Corrections from the Synod" just before the marriage banns?

Well, the scientists that published papers with results as specified by their sponsor BP or Monsanto or AstraZeneca have a combined scientific periodical called "Actually Folks Journal" where they publish retractions saying they made stuff up that was contrary to their actual findings.

At least, that's what the big pink sugar mouse told me when we went to la-la land in his flying gravy boat.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  2 years from now AGW will be a completely dead duck, the scientists be banging on about something else that they have conviced politicians to spend loads of money on.

FTFY
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I am facinated on how this is going to happen.

'ok guys, look , the earth is not flat after all, but all the other stuff we said is true. Yes, you there at the back , yes you. Ok NO. The earth does NOT go around the sun. Get the matches, we got another burner here!'

Its like living in interesting times or something.

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X