• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Last minute holidays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last minute holidays

9.00 am

"Right we need to go away this week"

*she spends 4 hours on the web*

1.00 pm

"Nothing is getting sorted, let's go to trailfinders"

2.00 pm

"That is your flights to Bali booked for tomorrow Sir, enjoy your holiday"

Wot???? Couldn't you afford Butlins?

Have a good time.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I was in Bali in 2000 just before going to the Olympics.

Met the girl in 2002 and said "why don't we go to Bali"

Went down to trailfinders on the Saturday, booked up flights for 3 days later, went home and switched on ITV and the first words out the TV were "and we will keep you updated on what is going on in Bali". I was going to stay at the Agung Cottages across the road from the Sari club.

Comment

Mate of mine did something like that many years ago. Interview on the Friday and an offer before he got home. Contract arrived in the post on Saturday, signed and returned on the Monday. However, there was nearly two weeks before starting (one of those end of month things).

So after he posted off the contract, he and his out of work gf went into the first travel agent they could find. Slapped his credit card down in front of the agent and said, "Send me somewhere sunny ASAP". They were on a plane to Greece at 9pm.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Oh FFS

I'm like the finger of death on these people

BBC News - Indonesia tsunami deaths increase after Sumatra quake

BBC News - Indonesia volcano Merapi erupts, thousands evacuated

Comment

Let's try and keep our chins up shall we?
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              Wot???? Couldn't you afford Butlins?

Have a good time.
              Nothing wrong with Butlins.

Billy! Billy! Billy!
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Nothing so exotic for me, starting tomorrow with 3 days in Bristol then 3 days in Cambridge. Only have to pay for the petrol and ferry as using all the point accumulated on hotel cards for the stay (mainly going to get some shopping such as Christmas Crackers which we can't get here)
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

As it happens visited Merapi and climbed Agung. Something quite interesting about climbing a volcano in the pitch black and watching the sunset through a billow of smoke.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Not quite a last minute break but two options. Head for Canada for a bit to visit friends and generally be a tourist or head here for the same duration and build my own guitar?
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X