• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Publisher ****

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Publisher ****

E-mail today:

We see from our records that you have previously purchased an eBook from Waterstones.com whilst having a registered address outside of the UK and Ireland.

We regret that as of 20th October 2010, we are no longer able to sell eBooks to customers placing an order from anywhere outside of the UK and Ireland. We have had to take this action to comply with the legal demands of publishers regarding the territories into which we can sell eBooks.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Please note: Your previously purchased eBooks are not affected by this and will still be available in your ‘Digital order history’ in your online account.
    Which kind of doesn't help me as I buy all my e-books there and p-books are quite expensive to buy here, let alone carry the buggers around with you. The German booksellers don't have that good a selection and I've now noticed that other book retailers are stopping (i.e. W.H.Smiths and Barnes and Noble.)

Bit like trying to get a Sky subscription here...

(Makes you wonder if Amazon and Google might be flexing their mucsles...)
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

The publishing industry is still desperately in denial about this interweb thing. They're sure it won't catch on.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I thought this was the entire point of the EU. Free movement of goods and people across the member states.

Lobby your MEP. If nothing else it'll get them off their fat gravy train arse and force them to get a secretary to send you a reply.

Comment

Working...
      X