• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pre-Nuptual Agreements

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-Nuptual Agreements

Anyone else feel that if you think you need one of these in place, you are marrying the wrong person?
    Just another Lawyer Cash Cow if you ask me.

Panel????
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Anyone else feel that if you think you need one of these in place, you are marrying the wrong person?
    Just another Lawyer Cash Cow if you ask me.

Panel????
    As you are from Devon; I don't think it applies to brothers and sisters.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Statistics suggest most* people marry the wrong person. Though nature usually suppresses logic circuits in the early stages so something's already amiss if pre-nuptials and other logical reasoning is still intact.

* a lot anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        As you are from Devon; I don't think it applies to brothers and sisters.
        And as you are uglier than a warthog, the prospect of you finding a potential bride is such an unlikely contingency, it begs the question why even look at this thread?
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

And as you are uglier than a warthog, the prospect of you finding a potential bride is such an unlikely contingency, it begs the question why even look at this thread?
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            You've lost weight........................and so has your nan!!

Comment

Ok - so we've gone from the start of a debate to you pair in what 5/6 posts

Well done lads!
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I don't think it's too bad an idea where there's a big disparity - like that heiress bint recently. I'd have signed one prior to getting married (if I was marrying a rich woman) because I'd be happy to prove I was marrying for the right reasons and not being a golddigger. That said if you are both broke there's no need and no real excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                  I don't think it's too bad an idea where there's a big disparity - like that heiress bint recently. I'd have signed one prior to getting married (if I was marrying a rich woman) because I'd be happy to prove I was marrying for the right reasons and not being a golddigger. That said if you are both broke there's no need and no real excuse.
                  But say you had £100M and you were "in love" with someone. Worst case, you end up going your own ways and might have to eke out an existence on £50M. Not that bad is it?
                  Why bother to get married at all if you would not be prepared for that possibility?

Comment

But say you had £100M and you were "in love" with someone. Worst case, you end up going your own ways and might have to eke out an existence on £50M. Not that bad is it?
                    Why bother to get married at all if you would not be prepared for that possibility?
                    That's fine, but I am speaking as someone who doesn't have £100m and isn't likely to have.

Comment

Working...
                    X