• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When self-billing goes wrong :suicide:

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When self-billing goes wrong :suicide:

The Job Centre couldn't get their head around the outstanding payments I'm waiting for.

Neither can I.

ClientCo's process is you hand in your timesheet for signing, then never get a copy back. Apparently someone in the PMO types the totals into a spreadsheet and emails it to the single agency.

The agency does self-billing.

I'm using a brolly. (Don't ask.)

I have spent most of the afternoon and evening trying to match everything up.

What a complete sodding mess.

There was a payment made for this week by the agency.

There's a repayment for a part week for no apparent reason.

There is little relationship between the Mon-Sun agency timesheet and the random periods on the brolly's records.

There are weeks when the pay to me has gone up or down for no apparent reason.

This isn't the first time I have had self-billing go tits-up; these admin twats cannot be trusted with contractor's pay.

In future I shall go back to my anal processes and do my own invoicing and checking.

Incompetent gits.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Dear Richard

As you are obviously new to contracting I suggest you go LTD.

If you need any help advice please use the search facility of post on the legal or accountancy forums where some of our proper contractors will help

HTH and good luck

MF
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      The Job Centre couldn't get their head around the outstanding payments I'm waiting for.

Neither can I.

ClientCo's process is you hand in your timesheet for signing, then never get a copy back. Apparently someone in the PMO types the totals into a spreadsheet and emails it to the single agency.

The agency does self-billing.

I'm using a brolly. (Don't ask.)

I have spent most of the afternoon and evening trying to match everything up.

What a complete sodding mess.

There was a payment made for this week by the agency.

There's a repayment for a part week for no apparent reason.

There is little relationship between the Mon-Sun agency timesheet and the random periods on the brolly's records.

There are weeks when the pay to me has gone up or down for no apparent reason.

This isn't the first time I have had self-billing go tits-up; these admin twats cannot be trusted with contractor's pay.

In future I shall go back to my anal processes and do my own invoicing and checking.

Incompetent gits.
      Whose sockie is this?

Dick you've only just got benched, and you're scratching on
      And you've not been checking your payments against your timesheets?
      For a year

You could be owed thousands.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        As you are obviously new to contracting

I suggest you go LTD.
        Don't ask.

If you need any help advice please use the search facility of post on the legal or accountancy forums where some of our proper contractors will help

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Whose sockie is this?
        to you too!

Dick you've only just got benched, and you're scratching on
        What does "scratching on" mean?

And you've not been checking your payments against your timesheets?
        So? The money kept coming in. I kept spending it. Sunshine & lollipops, mate, sunshine & lollipops.

For a year
        No, silly. Only 8 months.

You could be owed thousands.
        Might be. I can't tell - everything's all over the shop.

Currently, I can't work out why the brolly credited the agency with £3k which should have been going my way and why the agency paid for a week I haven't worked (I know why ... the twat at ClientCo forgot to delete me from his weekly email to the agency) and why the last week I did work has not been invoiced and some other stuff.

Aaaaaanyway. My point was: in future I will be the one in control. Leaving it to admin staff and 3rd party numpties is stoopid.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

PS...

If you need any help advice please use the search facility
          how do i use that i tried to use it but it just came back with threads of people asking the same questions can you help me kthxbye lol xxx

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            PS...

how do i use that i tried to use it but it just came back with threads of people asking the same questions can you help me kthxbye lol xxx

That's because you need to understand the dynamics of the facility.

To find the answer to any economics question search an ATW thread.
            To find the answer to any personal improvement question search a SAsguru thread
            To find the question to any answer search a Suityou thread
            and to find the answer to a question you never asked search a Nick Fitz thread

HTH

MF
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Comment

HTH

MF
                And if you want crp from a mother fcker

try MF

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

HTH

MF
                  That should be a sticky!

Comment

Just a thought, how about "Wally with a brolly" for a new custom title.

Then you could change your avatar to this

Comment

Working...
                    X