• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ONS - popular boys names 2009

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ONS - popular boys names 2009

One to get the Dail Mail readers going. Full stats here.

UK wide
    1 OLIVER
    2 JACK
    3 HARRY
    4 ALFIE
    5 JOSHUA
    6 THOMAS
    7 CHARLIE
    8 WILLIAM
    9 JAMES
    10 DANIEL

North West
    1 JACK
    2 OLIVER
    3 ALFIE
    4 HARRY
    5 THOMAS
    6 CHARLIE
    7 JOSHUA
    8 JAMES
    9 DANIEL
    10 LUCAS

London
    1 OLIVER
    2 DANIEL
    3 JOSHUA
    4 MOHAMMED
    5 THOMAS
    6 HARRY
    7 JACK
    8 SAMUEL
    9 JAMES
    10 ALEXANDER

Midlands
    1 MOHAMMED
    2 OLIVER
    3 JACK
    4 ALFIE
    5 HARRY
    6 CHARLIE
    7 JOSHUA
    8 THOMAS
    9 WILLIAM
    10 JAMES
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

OK, I can understand Mohammed being popular (first borns in muslim families) but what makes 'Jack' and 'Oliver' so popular?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      OK, I can understand Mohammed being popular (first borns in muslim families) but what makes 'Jack' and 'Oliver' so popular?
      Oliver is cute - a lot of the old names are coming back. I think its all the period dramas, makes old names popular again. The girls list has Ruby on it.
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Jack Straw and Oliver Letwin??

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Jack Straw and Oliver Letwin??

Oliver Twist, as we know all orphans are given the name Oliver and there are over 2 million orphans every year.

Comment

I hope Fanny comes back.

Comment

where is the girl's names list?

Comment

My mate called his son Jake, why would you give a child that life sentence?

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                  UK wide
                  1 OLIVER
                  2 JACK
                  3 HAIRY
                  4 ALFIE
                  5 JOSHUA
                  6 THOMAS
                  7 CHARLIE
                  8 WILLIAM
                  9 JAMES
                  10 DANIEL
                  FTFY
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

What happened to good old names like Wayne, Kevin, Trev, Baz, Tracey, 'chelle and Sharon?
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X