• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A little help for your old mucka suityou01

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little help for your old mucka suityou01

On this current gig I am finally meeting with the big wigs tonight (never met them). All flying in from around the globe. And we are meeting in Farnborough.

It has fallen to me to find a good eatery somewhere between Farnborough and Bracknell (where they are staying)

NABC where to start.

Anyone from this neck of the woods that can recommend a decent gastro pub with lots of reclaimed wood furnishings, horse brasses and quality real ale?

You have until 6pm BST
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    On this current gig I am finally meeting with the big wigs tonight (never met them). All flying in from around the globe. And we are meeting in Farnborough.

It has fallen to me to find a good eatery somewhere between Farnborough and Bracknell (where they are staying)

NABC where to start.

Anyone from this neck of the woods that can recommend a decent gastro pub with lots of reclaimed wood furnishings, horse brasses and quality real ale?

You have until 6pm BST
    Take them into Windsor and visit "Stroks" at the Sir Christopher Wren Hotel.

Well, that's what I'd do.

Comment

Avoid Bracknell. Sorry, that's the best I can do

Edit: actually if they are staying there anywhere else is going to look great. Spods suggestion sounds good if only for historical brownie points.
      Last edited by Zippy; 27 October 2010, 15:34.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

the only place I know in that area, is 'the plough and harrow' in Warfield

a mile outside Bracknell. real old fashioned place

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
          Take them into Windsor and visit "Stroks" at the Sir Christopher Wren Hotel.

Well, that's what I'd do.
          I did wonder if this was a typo and it was actually "strokes" and was some kind of massage parlour

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            Avoid Bracknell. Sorry, that's the best I can do

Edit: actually if they are staying there anywhere else is going to look great. Spods suggestion sounds good if only for historical brownie points.
            What about Camberley? Is that a hole too?

Comment

isn't that near that posh village hartley wintney or whatever it's called

when I were a lad we used to drive through there on the way to trade days at the airshow and marvel at all those huge houses

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                What about Camberley? Is that a hole too?
                Dunno. I would think that good old-fashioned pub grub in a historical place ("the Queen lives here") would go down well though. Have you looked at fancyapint.com or beerintheevening.com?
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

happy eater

harvester

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    happy eater

harvester

Milan.
                    That might be going a bit far - especially if they've only just flown in form somewhere - some of them might have even flown in from Milan...

"Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                    X