• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does this work?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this work?

Well? Does it?

Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Well? Does it?
    No, RSS feed is still processing that TPD tulip posted months ago

Comment

For anyone wondering what's going on having read this thread before the other:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1218787

Just people playing with virtual gadgets. Nothing like dev testing in live to give that adrenaline rush.

Comment

Absolutely not. Heels and pink chiffon was never a good look.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

It works now:
          RSS Feed Delay

Sensible control panel heading when you think about it I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            For anyone wondering what's going on .
            I was and my first guess was that had been posted from the new CUK iphone app.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              Zippy is right - back to the latex suit with cowboy had and cuban heels?

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                I looked up some chiffon dresses (just for research loike) and don't get why pink wouldn't go with heels. Might have to do some more research...

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                I was and my first guess was that had been posted from the new CUK iphone app.
                It might have been but I don't have an iPhone and Apple are fecking slow in approving companies on their developer program

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
                Zippy is right - back to the latex suit with cowboy had and cuban heels?
                Now that sounds like a good combo, think that might be my Christmas bash outfit sorted

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                  It works now:
                  RSS Feed Delay

Sensible control panel heading when you think about it I guess.
                  I beg to differ

The CP page title "External Data Provider" sounds like it's to do with data coming into the forums from an external source, whereas vBulletin use it as a kind of catch-all term for the way the forum can provide data other than as web pages. It's tautologous to define "external data" as "data that the forum makes available externally" as any web site is inherently an "external data provider" in that sense.

The various settings on the relevant control panel page show that it's a place where they've shovelled a bunch of disparate features as and when they've added them. It should be called something sensible like "Other Ways of Providing Forum Content". Yes, that's a bit long-winded, but my preferred choice of "Other Representations" relies too heavily on people understanding the distinction between the resource denoted by a URL and the nature of the representation of that resource (which is denoted by the Content-Type header when the resource is accessed via HTTP 1.x). Experience has taught me that some of the best webdevs in the world can get confused by that one: it's one of those concepts that is so simple that one has to abandon an enormous amount of mental baggage to grasp the utter simplicity of it, yet it's one of the fundamental principles underpinning the architecture of the web. Ho hum

As for the section in question: I think the "Thread Cache Lifespan" title is also dumb - how about "Feed Update Frequency"?

Comment

Although uber geeky, I can see how having a nice pint with NickFitz could be a very interesting evening out..

that's a compliment and in no way intended as a date invite or a come on.
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X