• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Double Summer time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Summer time

The last time this was done, the Hun were busily bombing the tulipe out of us.

Health 'suffers with clock change' - News - Virgin Media

"good for health".

Yeah.

Right.

That's ******* great Apparently, according to that expert, if you move your clock, it increases your hours of daylight
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

If we did this it would result in thousands of Scottish people having to start drinking in the dark every morning.
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Not putting the clocks back on Sunday morning but still putting them forward in the spring would increase daylight hours and encourage more outdoor activity, suggests a report in the British Medical Journal.
        Does anyone see a problem here?
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
          If we did this it would result in thousands of Scottish people having to start drinking in the dark every morning.

I think you'll find that is racist
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
            Obviously it should be a devolved power. Let the Scots decide for themselves, and let the English decide for England.
            Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              Yeah, he hasn't thought it through, like the nurse who washed all her geriatrics falsers in a big basin.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                The problem would be that Greenwich, the very centre of time around the globe would never be on Greenwich Mean Time, it would always be on GMT+1 or GMT+2.

I think the earth might stop rotating on its axis.

Other than that I would have loved it if this was done years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                  The problem would be that Greenwich, the very centre of time around the globe would never be on Greenwich Mean Time, it would always be on GMT+1 or GMT+2.

I think the earth might stop rotating on its axis.

Other than that I would have loved it if this was done years ago.
                  Think about what happens when you put the clock forward year after year without putting it back? Cmon you can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
                    Think about what happens when you put the clock forward year after year without putting it back? Cmon you can do it.
                    I don't think that anyone has really suggested that.

The only proposal that I have heard of is a once-off skipping putting the clocks back one year.

I suppose I could roll with the comic version though and we could just put the clocks one hour forward each year. It would be freaky but I think it might be rather fun.

Comment

Working...
                    X