• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BT Broadband Outage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BT Broadband Outage

Tens of thousands of homes across the UK are without internet broadband on Friday night.

BT has confirmed the technical problems are affecting a "significant part" of the UK and say engineers are working to fix them.

Linky

Made for a boring Friday night having no access.
    Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Tens of thousands of homes across the UK are without internet broadband on Friday night.

BT has confirmed the technical problems are affecting a "significant part" of the UK and say engineers are working to fix them.

Linky

..."Northern Ireland, Scotland and northern England"

Didn't realise the Internet had even reached those parts. One of the Barbarians must have chopped down the pole for firewood.

EDIT: Post number "666". Feels spooky.
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

FFS, it's Friday night - go get smashed in a pub, support the economy like I did last night!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        support the economy like I did last night!
        Yeah, 2 pot noodles AND a bottle of White Lightning really helped the recovery AtW!
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Maybe Cliphead should meet some more neighbours!

YouTube - How to make a memorable introduction...
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Linky

Happened round my way in leafy Bucks three weeks ago.

Comment

A BT equipment failure brought down ADSL2 customers on my ISP (IDNET) a couple of weeks back, a few hours later the status page said a BT engineer was on site fixing the problem.

Then ADSL MAX customers lost their connections, the BT numpty had switched off and replaced the wrong bit of equipment.

Looking at the ISP forum they lost a shed load of customers as it was the second time that month a BT failure caused a total loss of connectivity. ISP and customers not happy with BT.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Linky

Whatever did we used to do on Friday nights before t'internet thingy came along..
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  Whatever did we used to do on Friday nights before t'internet thingy came along..
                  'I used to hang around with my scally mates, checking out houses to break into, planning, deciding what car to steal and whose underpants drawer I was going to rummage through. Google street view saves so much time. Glib fron' - Eternaloptimist
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    'I used to hang around with my scally mates, checking out houses to break into, planning, deciding what car to steal and whose underpants drawer I was going to rummage through. Google street view saves so much time. Glib fron' - Eternaloptimist
                    But it's a hobby and it keeps him out of mischief.
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X