PDA

View Full Version : Deet does not work

minestrone
30th October 2010, 08:29
Despite bathing in the stuff for 2 days I am a mess with bites.

Jet lag kicked in last night and slept for 14 hours, I blame Leonardo DiCaprio and that pish film Inception that I tried to watch 4 times through a Lorazepam daze on the flight. Never made any sense to me. So he goes into a dream, and then he goes into another dream during the first dream?!?! Feck Knows.

Bouncers at the clubs around the old Sari club have sub machine guns now and the Balinese could have made more of an effort to do something with the ground than turn it into a car park.

Anyway, off to the pool. Ubud tomorrow.

MarillionFan
30th October 2010, 08:37
Despite bathing in the stuff for 2 days I am a mess with bites.

Jet lag kicked in last night and slept for 14 hours, I blame Leonardo DiCaprio and that pish film Inception that I tried to watch 4 times through a Lorazepam daze on the flight. Never made any sense to me. So he goes into a dream, and then he goes into another dream during the first dream?!?! Feck Knows.

Bouncers at the clubs around the old Sari club have sub machine guns now and the Balinese could have made more of an effort to do something with the ground than turn it into a car park.

Anyway, off to the pool. Ubud tomorrow.

Go and buy some white tiger balm that will kill the itching. Mossies in Bali are a pain in the backside. Enjoy the monkey's at Ubud.

Any chance you can bring a package back for me if I get it sent to your hotel?

RichardCranium
30th October 2010, 08:52
You'd like the Scottish Highlands.

Deet has no effect at all on the little hard-nut biting bastards they have up there.

MarillionFan
30th October 2010, 08:55
You'd like the Scottish Highlands.

Deet has no effect at all on the little hard-nut biting bastards they have up there.

He is Scottish. Like all Scotsman, hard outside, with a soft mushy center.

RichardCranium
30th October 2010, 09:07
He is Scottish. Like all Scotsman, hard outside, with a soft mushy center.:spel centre

But can he spell?

Tingles
30th October 2010, 09:11
Which Hotel - I stayed at the Hyatt a few years ago. Ubud - carving?

T

HairyArsedBloke
30th October 2010, 10:22
Any chance you can bring a package back for me if I get it sent to your hotel?

:rollin:

MarillionFan
30th October 2010, 11:25
:spel centre

But can he spell?

I'm American. Stick it up your arse you limey b'stard!

OwlHoot
30th October 2010, 13:08

:spel ass

Zippy
30th October 2010, 13:13

Send 'em all back!

RichardCranium
30th October 2010, 20:10
I'm American. Stick it up your arse you limey b'stard!:eek: Really???

And there was me thinking you were just a run-of-the-mill congenital ingrate when you're actually an inbred feckwit who cannot tell the difference between contractor.****wit.com and contractor.in.uk.com

:D

BTW, when over here in the Land of the Grown Ups, bastard is a word we're allowed to use. Along with tits, bum, shag and the-war-started-two-years-ago-actually.

If you need definitions for those words, ask someone who can read. Like a 'Hispanic' or 'African American' FFS.

MarillionFan
30th October 2010, 23:23
Some blah blah FFS.

RC. up your game a little.

If not for us you'd be German. Now toddle on and make me a cup of tea
old bean!

NickFitz
31st October 2010, 03:11
:eek: Really???

And there was me thinking you were just a run-of-the-mill congenital ingrate when you're actually an inbred feckwit who cannot tell the difference between contractor.****wit.com and contractor.in.uk.com

:D

BTW, when over here in the Land of the Grown Ups, bastard is a word we're allowed to use. Along with tits, bum, shag and the-war-started-two-years-ago-actually.

If you need definitions for those words, ask someone who can read. Like a 'Hispanic' or 'African American' FFS.

WHS :yay: :rollin: :yay:

Those colonial types never seem to remember that they wouldn't have been able to steal all that land from the previous residents in the first place if we hadn't built the ships that got them there :eyes

minestrone
31st October 2010, 05:33
Stayed at the Sofitel last few night, up to the Maya Ubud tonight.

GF keeps blurting out the hotel names as I'm trying to haggle for taxis. "where you stay?" "the hotel up there, the big one that costs a fortune" you can see them doubling the price in their heads, had to tell her to stop it.

MF, I'm getting stuff shipped back from Ubud.

minestrone
31st October 2010, 09:48
Stayed at the Sofitel last few night, up to the Maya Ubud tonight.

GF keeps blurting out the hotel names as I'm trying to haggle for taxis. "where you stay?" "the hotel up there, the big one that costs a fortune" you can see them doubling the price in their heads, had to tell her to stop it.

MF, I'm getting stuff shipped back from Ubud.

Possibly the finest hotel I have stayed in, just a shame the heights are freaking me out.

http://www.mayaubud.com/mayaubud/images/photo-gallery/our-pool/ubud_bali_main_pool_river_valley_view03.jpg

TimberWolf
31st October 2010, 09:53
Is that an infinity pool? And what happens when you swim off the left hand side?

MarillionFan
31st October 2010, 09:56
Is that an infinity pool? And what happens when you swim off the left hand side?

I believe you come back through on the RHS.

minestrone
31st October 2010, 10:16

I never knew of this term. I think it must be one.

Swim of the left hand side and it is goodbye cruel world I think, probably a 50 meter very steep slope down to the river which I doubt you could stop yourself on. Never would be allowed in the UK.

MarillionFan
31st October 2010, 10:20

Swim of the left hand side and it is goodbye cruel world I think, probably a 50 meter very steep slope down to the river which I doubt you could stop yourself on. Never would be allowed in the UK.

Normally an infinity pool is an illusion, sounds like they decided to make a real one!

Anyway, make sure your Bahasa Indonesian is in good stead. A terimah kasi will get you a long way, and if someone steals from you shout toklong and accuse the
person of being kamu mencuri / pencuri. That almost got me killed in Surabaya but you'll be fine.

TimberWolf
31st October 2010, 11:23

I'd give backstroke a miss then.

minestrone
2nd November 2010, 13:47
Which Hotel - I stayed at the Hyatt a few years ago. Ubud - carving?

T

Staying in the Bali Hyatt for the next 2 nights, the poor relation to the Grand Hyatt but we want to stay in Sansur.

Went to the Bali King's cremation today in Ubud, feckin' mental, the had his body in a big 40 foot wooden cow that they carried up the streets to the graveyard, I had to go back to the hotel as about 100 people got this thing on the pyre. When I came back I just caught the last of the burning, his legs were sticking out the fire, guys were pushing them back in.

Mich the Tester
2nd November 2010, 14:00
Sah, you need specialty!

Specialty?

No sah, Special Tea!

Special Tea? Oh, now what's so special about special tea?

Special Tea! Dee Dee Tea!

http://www.greenhealthlive.com/images/e204/greenhealth_13_Ddt.jpg

minestrone
6th November 2010, 10:16
A380s had to be checked, planes delayed, stayed in London last night, not slept for 30 hours.

Pol Roger and a bolivar and I'm off to bed for 2 days.